Company :Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
This position leads a team of professionals in the provision of strategic, tactical, and operational support in one of several areas of significant actuarial function such as, but not limited to, pricing, product development, healthcare economics, financial forecasting, provider contracting, integrated delivery systems, provider analytics, trend analysis, and claims reserving.
1.Provide strategic and tactical consultative services to Senior Management and any other area within Highmark in either a responsive or proactive manner. Support the goals and objectives of the enterprise by advocating for strategic and tactical change and best practices across the whole enterprise.
2.Oversee the development and delivery of excellent actuarial work product in compliance with all professional, legal, and regulatory standards.
- Responsible for positive business results by maintaining a workplace characterized by high performance, mutual support and respect.
- Establish direction that motivates team members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leverages diverse perspectives, and encourages continuous improvement and innovation.
- Provide coaching, direction and feedback to team across the department that supports career growth and development
- Provide accurate and meaningful feedback throughout the year and during the annual performance appraisal process to assist employees that supports development and career progression.
- Promote team development and training through both corporate and department initiatives
- Proactively identify opportunities to challenge the competency of team members, through providing stretch assignment and growth opportunities.
- Establish an effective succession plan for key positions in the department.
4.Manage cost center. Develop annual budgets and monitor actual expenses ensuring costs are within budget. Ensure that Highmark resources are used efficiently and effectively.
5.Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in healthcare industry
- Designation as ASA and Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team
- Previous involvement with complex and unique issues and proficiency in technical aspects of actuarial work
- Designation as a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or 10 years Actuarial experience (including 7 years in healthcare industry)
- PA producer’s License in Accident and Health
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills – ability to motivate others to quickly achieve results in a matrixed environment.
- Uses knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach.
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectively presents complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes.
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value.
- Successful experience in achieving results through people in a complex environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to project leadership and management skills.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org