Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
Duties Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this position.
E1. Meet, in person, with Consumer Markets sales prospects that arrive at the Medicare Center; qualify and sell Consumer Markets products to prospective and existing members; completes the required sales applications as appropriate. Comply with relevant compliance regulations with the New York Department of Health (DOH), Department of Financial Services (DFS), and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
E2. Oversees the orderly operation of the retail site. Includes opening and closing the site daily, maintaining appropriate office conditions, ensuring all office activities align with appropriate site protocols and procedures, and manages and/or triages issues or situations as they arise.
E3. Understand needs of customers and direct them to the appropriate next steps, including assignment to an on-site benefit consultant. Performs assigned outreach activities to maximize membership growth and retention. Collaborates with Customer Service and Billing & Enrollment to resolve member issues.
E4. As necessary based on seasonality of sales cycle, make outbound phone calls for Consumer Markets in accordance with member retention and growth strategies. Responsible for tracking and reporting outreach efforts (in accordance with Company policies as well as DOH, DFS, and CMS guidelines). Responsible for contributing to team sales goals for new membership and retention by closing sales or nurturing opportunities to ensure a final sale.
N5. Performs other duties as required.
Minimum two (2) years experience in a metric-driven sales role required. Associates Degree in a business related field required ; Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred
1. Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, listening, including persuasive communication styles.
2. Strong sense of ownership with the ability to take control of difficult situations.
3. Ability to be responsive to the needs and requirements of the customers/members, and to curate effective sales solutions to meet customer needs.
4. Excellent time management skills and prior experience in a fast-paced environment with daily work processing deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
5. Demonstrated customer service orientation and personal accountability. Ability to work effectively with minor supervision.
6. Polished, professional image and reputation.
7. Proficient computer skills, including intermediate skill level on Microsoft Office programs.
Life, Health and Accident Agent
NYSOH SHOP and Individual Certification
Does this Position have Supervisory Responsibility? No
Number of Emps Supervised:
Titles of Employees Supervised:
Other Job Specifications:
External Contacts: New sale prospects Current members
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
* Must be able to accommodate regional travel. (DMV check will be conducted to review candidate's driving record)
* Must be able to work weekends
* Must be able to accommodate alternate shifts/days
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
* Physical Effort: Minimum; typical of most office work. Mostly sedentary work.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org