Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job leads overall department strategy as an individual contributor, as well as a manager over the permanent subject-matter-expert Strategic Planning resources in the department of Strategic Integration. Supports the executive leadership of the organization with a range of strategic activities essential to ensuring the organization's goals. Provides analytical/strategic thinking and leadership support that enables project teams to isolate business issues, design and execute analytics for studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, market share, profitability, etc.), develop technical content (competitive intelligence, market trend analysis), support development of formal recommendations to senior levels of organizational leadership, create documents (go-to-market or operational strategies, etc.) that inform critical strategic issues and decisions, support the planning, communication, and management of the enterprise strategy, and/or support the execution of enterprise strategic initiatives through a disciplined process and approach. The incumbent could have divided responsibilities of data security, cost containment, project management, program management, strategic consulting, partnerships, and executive support, as well as managerial responsibilities over the Project Managers and Strategy resources in the department.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Strategic Planning/Transformation/Consulting - Lead strategy execution and/or transformational initiatives for the department. There is a need for assistance in the strategy and development in team build out, budgeting, forecasting, hiring, interviewing, and training new hires, and implementing projects and initiatives. There is also a need for strategic leadership and guidance for all strategic initiatives.
- Build relationships with our strategic partners, key stakeholders, and executive leaders to ensure successful engagement in initiatives and programs. There is a need for interaction, communication, and partnership with executive leaderships across the footprint to achieve the objectives and execute the business unit’s strategy. A liaison is needed to bridge gaps, build relationships, escalate issues, develop synergies, etc.
- Assist and advise Executive Leadership with department budgeting, staff meetings, individual development plans, resource hiring and management, employee engagement, initiative forecasting & portfolio development. This role will also partner with the Chief of Staff on any and all strategic items as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of strategic leadership
- 3 years of program or operational management
- 3 years in a leadership role
- Experience with Medicaid Markets
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Analytical Skills
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Business Consulting
- Building and Leading Teams
- Business Strategy
- Business Transformation
- Change Management
- Strategic Planning
- Time Management
Languages (other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org