Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This role uses workforce data to create business value, while maintaining the highest standards of privacy and data ethics. The incumbent helps with creating value through every phase of the analytic lifecycle: working with customers to identify key business questions, extracting and analyzing the appropriate data, and translating their findings into actionable insights. The incumbent will use a variety of analytical approaches to communicate their findings to business and HR stakeholders, such as ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and written presentations. Plans, designs, tests and implements Business Intelligence solutions through use of BI tools, technologies and systems. Analyzes complex processes and develop technical and/or process solutions to meet business needs. The incumbent works collaboratively with customers and technical staff in all phases of projects, potentially including requirements gathering and change management. Acts as subject matter expert on projects regarding technology, resource needs, schedule and/or implementation. Follows all divisional and corporate project management guidelines.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to support business needs, following BI development best practices and innovative use of appropriate technologies and systems.
- Work collaboratively with business management and staff to deliver technical solutions that meet customer needs.
- Work effectively with customers in all phases of application development projects, potentially including requirements gathering, design, testing and change management.
- Provide end user support for BI solutions and applications, including investigation and resolution of issues regarding tool functionality and performance.
- Keep abreast of new BI and related technology and trends and assess when and if new technology is needed.
- Participate in quality or process improvement activities, including regular reviews of systems and technology. Design and implement modifications or improvements, based on those activities.
- Provide input on strategies and tactics regarding platforms, tools and technical staffing to meet customer needs.
- Provide input to business cases, contracts, project plans, scope of work, status and project summary reports.
- Follow and/or support prescribed project management guidelines. Project management responsibilities include documentation of design and technical testing, as well as managing and negotiating project scope, timelines and developing/defining project deliverables with business customers.
- Provide guidance and direction to other staff and may function as a team leader.
- Train employees, assign, monitor and review progress and accuracy of work.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math or other related area.
- 6 years of experience
- 5 years of experience
- 5 years of experience in in data & analytic technologies such as SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, and Power BI
- 5 years of experience in Data visualization and storytelling
- Has knowledge of and can apply principles, concepts, practices and processes within department and has at least a basic knowledge of health care and BI solution development practices.
- Technical skills in data & analytic technologies such as SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, and Power BI
- Data visualization and storytelling
- Critical thinking and ability to synthesize complex concepts into simple frameworks
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org