Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The Registered Nurse assesses human responses and plans, implements and evaluates nursing care for individuals or families for whom the nurse is responsible. The Registered Nurse is fully responsible for all actions as a licensed nurse and is accountable to patients for the quality of care delivered.
- Assures safe delivery of nursing services in alternative care settings.
- Active participation in on-going interdisciplinary communication specific to each patient with review of patient status and plan of care.
- Directing and organizing ancillary care as appropriate.
- Adherence to Allegheny Health Network policies and procedures regarding medical record documentation and Performance Improvement activity.
- Home Infusion visits to administer Infusion Therapy in the home setting.
- Implements current nursing practices.
- Patients’ clinical assessments are completed as appropriate and communicated to other team members.
- Nursing interventions are implemented to meet patient’s needs and in accordance with physician orders.
- Physician orders are accurately received, implemented, and evaluated for patient outcome in a timely manner.
- Patients are appropriately referred to other health care support systems or community resources based on identified needs.
- Referral information is documented accurately in a timely manner and shared with other team members.
- Skilled nursing care is implemented and monitored per the Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion policies and procedures.
- Patient’s status and on-going needs at time of discharge are communicated to the appropriate individuals.
- Assumes responsibility for nursing services on weekends, holidays, and after-hours on-call as assigned.
- Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion is on-call for emergencies and after-hours visits as necessary.
- Promotes effective written and verbal communication.
- Positive work environment is promoted for other staff members.
- Timely communication regarding changes in plans of care to other team members is demonstrated.
- Consistent and appropriate lines of authority are maintained.
- Participates in special committee meetings as required.
- Cooperates with other health care team members and the Operations Manager pursuant to the Allegheny Health Network philosophies and objectives.
- Gives accurate information to patients, caregivers, and other health care providers the Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion services and associated costs.
- Knowledge of the Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion policies and procedures and regulations regarding reimbursement for nursing and pharmacy services demonstrated.
- Consultation with Patient Account Representative regarding initial and on-going reimbursement status of patients.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Direct patient/caregiver teaching/care as appropriate for Pharmacy Services patients.
- Direct physician contact (i.e., patient care communications, marketing).
- Coordinate medication and supply deliveries to patients.
- Provide information regarding drugs and their safe and appropriate use to other health care providers involved in patient’s/client’s care.
- Actively participate in ongoing interdisciplinary communication specific to each patient.
- Participate in the Performance Improvement program.
- Participate in in-service programs for other health care professionals and for the community.
- Attend seminars/CEU opportunities on an ongoing basis to promote growth and effective performance.
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensed and in good standing with the State Board of Nursing in state of practice.
- 1 year acute care/IV experience
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Proof of current automobile insurance
- Experience with Home Infusion Care and/or IV Therapy
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org