Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the oversight of the daily AP operations including invoice processing, payments, coordination of issues with technical support staff and maintenance of all Accounts Payable processes; providing support to the AP Processors and AP Clerks; actively participate in all system upgrades; completing management related tasks for all AP staff members, maintaining proper cross-training; and maintaining the employee expense reimbursement process. In addition, the Supervisor is responsible for maintaining consistency in reporting and application of accounting procedures, as well as supervising the month-end and year-end close.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Communicate effectively with the AP team, management, business partners such as IT, audit and project management, and all customers both internally and externally. This role represents the department relative to monthly financial close, resolution of escalated AP issues, communication with 3rd party suppliers and communication of the AP processes and requirements in meetings with outside departments. Partner with Procurement on process improvements as well as trouble shooting vendor related issues.
- Lead the AP monthly close process which could include review of monthly account reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, performing close steps within the AP system and other tasks as necessary. Coordinate all activities with internal and external auditors, including year-end close. Respond to all audit requests both internal and external.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate payment of invoices, check requests, expense reports, broker commission payments, group refunds,recurring contract payments, Board of Director payments, etc. in a complex multi-company environment in accordance with all internal and external guidelines. Maintain and review AP aging report, and other reporting as necessary.
- Manage all system issues associated with invoice processing or payment creation. Propose and implement process improvement initiatives with a focus on increased efficiency and accuracy. Assist in all efforts to drive down
- cost, improve efficiency, and utilize appropriate technology
- Maintain desktop procedures relative to the Accounts payable function and ensure all staff are held accountable for knowledge of proper procedures. Work with management and internal business partners on development and maintenance of AP related policies, and make sure those policies are being adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- 5 years working with financial operations
- 1 year in a management or leadership role
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Accounts payable or related field certification
- Experience with Oracle AP or similar ERP AP systems
- High attention to detail and possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Experience in procure to pay process improvement
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org