Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Under the direct supervision of the nurse, provides for the care, safety, comfort and privacy of patients based on their individual needs. May perform continuous observation, interpretation, and communication of cardiac rhythms for telemetry patients.
- Provides, obtains or performs and documents direct patient care and activities such as: activities of daily living, instructing and observing patient on incentive spirometer and/or cough and deep breathing, skin survey, vital signs, ambulation, specimen collection, phlebotomy, intake and output, meal consumption, height and weight, 12 lead EKG testing, blood glucose testing/monitoring, point of care testing, bladder scanning, transporting of patients and their charts, documentation of O2, clean catheterization technique (per hospital protocol), simple dressing changes, dry dressings, removal of Foley catheters, assistance with exams, treatments and procedures. May also: encourage and observe patient on incentive spirometry and/or cough/deep breathing; accurately analyze and interpret ECG rhythms according to procedure. (50%)
- Participates in quality and patient satisfaction initiatives which may include hourly rounding, promoting safety such as fall prevention, hand washing, isolation protocol and maintaining an orderly environment and participates actively in related departmental committees such as shared governance committees. (20%)
- Accurately documents vital signs, weights, I&O, restraints, specimen collection, ECG completion, and all other treatments. Reports to nursing staff changes in patient's physical, mental, or emotional condition as well as any issues or concerns identified. (15%)
- Participates in unit activities such as stocking supplies, transporting patients and cleaning, checking and retrieving equipment/appliances. (15%)
- May function in the role of unit secretary as needed.
- Employees are required to float between multiple departments within the same facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LPN/GN/GPN, certification as a nursing assistant, medical assistant, paramedic.
- CPR certification.
- Previous patient care experience.
- Experience as a PCA or EMT.
- Basic cardiac dysrhythmia training and/or experience interpreting rhythms.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org