Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The Director of Corporate Development will support and lead the evaluation and execution of corporate development activities, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investments. Responsibilities include deal-sourcing, due diligence, negotiations, structuring, valuation and transaction process management. This position reports to the Vice President of Corporate Development and will have one or two direct reports. This role works closely with management across the enterprise, understanding business strategies, objectives, and organizational context to make informed investment decisions. Actively leverages internal resources and industry contacts (i.e., venture capitalists, bankers, entrepreneurs) to identify and evaluate investments.
- Support and lead the overall activities associated with evaluating and executing mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and strategic investment opportunities; evaluate, plan and execute transactions, develop optimal structure, develop and support valuations, negotiate terms, coordinate and lead due diligence process, and post-closing integration planning and implementation.
- Lead business case development on strategic opportunities; develop business cases on potential transactions, evaluate strategic fit, financial returns and risks, and present business cases and recommendations to leadership and Board of Directors
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary.
- Assist with the identification and assessment of growth and expansion initiatives; develop enterprise and business unit-specific M&A strategies, assist with the identification of growth and expansion initiatives in accordance with Highmark’s enterprise strategy, monitor industry trends, attend relevant conferences and maintain external relationships, work closely with business unit leadership to understand strategic imperatives, and maintain deal pipeline report for senior management.
- Performance Monitoring; oversee tracking of acquisition/investment performance and returns and prepare periodic updates to senior management on acquisition/investment performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management
- Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management
- 10 years of experience in M&A, venture capital, private equity, investment banking, strategy consulting or financial management, with a minimum or 5 years of direct experience executing M&A transactions or venture capital investments.
- 3 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
- Healthcare industry experience
- Analytical Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial Forecasting and Modeling
- Communication Skills
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org