Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
In a Mainframe IT organization, the systems programmer plays a central role to the infrastructure environment. The systems programmer will install, customize, and maintain the operating system as well as the add on product required by development and system maintenance.
The system programmer will be presented with the latest software versions to upgrade existing systems or modify a single program to satisfy current needs.
The systems programmer performs such tasks as:
- Planning hardware and software system upgrades and changes
- Training system operators and application programmers
- Automate operations
- Capacity Planning.
- Running installation jobs and scripts
- Performing installation-specific customization tasks
- Integration-testing of new products with existing applications and user procedures
- System wide performance and tuning to meet required levels of service
The systems programmer must be skilled at debugging problems with system software and tools. These problems are often captured in a copy of the computers memory contents called a “dump”, running a system trace, or reviewing system logs and internal records Using these tools, the system programmer will determine where the components have failed. From there you will work with the vendor to decide if it a procedural issue or software defect. From there you will apply the recommended solution.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 1-3 years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience in mainframe system programming, software development experiences and principles with a focus on one or more of the following:
- z/OS concepts and utilities
- Plex Configurations
- REXX programming
- Can demonstrate your approach to product installation and problem diagnostics.
- Understands the concepts behind Backup and Recovery.
- Can navigate through vender portals for maintenance updates and problem resolution.
- Can work with customers and co workers for root cause issues.
- Demonstrated capability to drive innovation with efficiency and deliver improved solutions for the Customer.
- Demonstrated design and development experience primarily in mainframe systems technologies.
- Understands the core responsibilities of a mainframe systems programmer
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org