Company :Highmark Wholecare
Job Description :
This role will work cross-functionally with internal divisions of the company to implement and embed the Supplier Diversity strategy across the communities we serve. The role will collaborate across all stakeholders and legal team to maximize opportunities for minority and women-owned subcontractors and suppliers. This role will help lead Gateway's initiative that supports the development of qualified minority and women-owned businesses that align with Gateway's Core Values and its commitment to supplier diversity and inclusion.
- Supplier Diversity Management:
- Increasing the inclusion and participation of minority and women-owned businesses across Gateway’s portfolio
- Assisting otherwise qualified vendors and suppliers in obtaining their minority-owned certifications
- Participating in events, organizations and activities that provide Gateway with opportunities to engage, identify and build strong relationships with diverse suppliers
- Building and managing relationships with external organizations such as the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) and leveraging these relationships to support Gateway’s supplier diversity goals
- Supports onboarding of small, local, and diverse suppliers
- Keep current on industry trends in supplier diversity
- Partnering with Others:
- Serve as project manager, liaison, and leader for internal supplier diversity champions
- Partner with internal business units to learn ongoing needs and find diverse solutions
- Partner with Director of Procurement to create and execute short-term and long-term strategies and plans that align with the Company goals for operational excellence in the end to end supply chain processes, supply base performance management, technology, people development and training
- Assist management in developing annual goals for diverse supplier spend
- Work closely with the appropriate category managers/procurement to incorporate supplier diversity goals into the bidding and procurement process
- Work with Gateway management and learning and development staff to implement a supplier diversity training program to ensure that Gateways staff is knowledgeable about supplier diversity principles and Gateway’s supplier diversity strategies and that those supplier diversity principles and strategies are embedded in project specific best-practices
- Work with Gateway legal, FP&A and development teams to review, interpret and develop strategies for complying with project specific supplier diversity requirements
- Reporting & Communication
- Manage reporting efforts associated with tracking Gateway’s compliance with its supplier diversity goals. This includes the RFA commitments with the State of PA and this role will be responsible for facilitating the activities associated with tracking the invoices and reporting to the State as well as reporting spend to Highmark
- Help manage supplier diversity related communications, including internal and external portals for the Supplier Diversity Program, and be responsible for content and maintenance of these areas
- Create and update processes for discovering and securing diverse vendors
- Responsible for overall program and process for Gateway’s Supplier Diversity program including communication regarding requirements to various levels within the organization
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Industrial/Engineering, Human Resources, Marketing, Supply Chain or related field
- Master's Degree in Supply Chain
- 5 years in a Supplier Diversity Initiatives, Supply Chain, or Compliance
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Willingness to travel as needed to trade shows, matchmaking events and other community-facing opportunities to interface with other diverse suppliers and contractors.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other analytical tools/software and communication platforms.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to network and build relationships with a diverse set of suppliers.
- History of balancing multiple time-sensitive priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong cross functional relationships.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Project management experience (ability to plan, organize, implement and deliver.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with business partners and stakeholders.
- Strong ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org