Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job, under the direction of the provider and as a member of the health care team, assists in coordinating the examination, treatment and health planning for patients. Serves as the primary clinical support for patients referred by treating ENT physicians for allergy testing and ongoing immunotherapy support.
- Conducts initial patient interview after referral by physician, orienting and educating the patient regarding tests to be performed and treatments to be provided. (20%)
- Schedules and conducts testing ordered by physician including Intradermal Dilutional Testing (IDT) and IgE blood testing. (15%)
- Schedules ongoing immunotherapy as required. (15%)
- Mixes antigen vials for current allergy patients and administers scheduled injections. (10%)
- Documents relevant patient information in Electronic Health Record. (10%)
- Keeps allergy test sets current and monitor expiration dates. (10%)
- Orders allergen supplies. (10%)
- All other duties as assigned (10%)
- High School Diploma / GED
3 years with Allergy Testing OR Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Basic Life Support (Must be obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Good communication skills with both patients and coworkers
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- 1 year in Medical Assisting
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements. #sponsored
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org