Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job manages strategic capabilities that are provided across the Global Procurement & Payables organization. Drives collaboration and alignment of expert procurement and payables resources and execution of procure-to-pay operations that are core to the overall performance of the Organization's Procurement & Payables function. A strategic position, interfacing at the EVP and SVP levels of the company, leads cross-departmental and Enterprise process and technology improvement initiatives and champions change to ensure Procurement & Payables continues to deliver best-in-class strategic sourcing services to the company. Provides and responsible for planning and implementing department operations and strategies. The incumbent has multi-million dollar financial and enterprise risk mitigation responsibilities and reports to the Vice President of Procurement.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Direct ownership of key and mission-critical Procurement and Payables operations, including oversight of procure-to-pay processes, execution of RFx processes, Procurement’s help desk and overall Procurement process and system enhancements.
- Manage alignment and coordination of resources, training, technologies and processes to accomplish Procurement & Payable’s and the Organization's strategic goals.
- Oversee the development of best-in-class methodologies, tools and knowledge repositories that drive the quality of and time to complete strategic sourcing initiatives across the Procurement organization as well as ownership of Procurement’s technology roadmap.
- Lead and support the execution of market intelligence, financial analysis and data analytics processes that enable category teams to build comprehensive category-specific strategies.
- Oversee the contract negotiation process and compliance with SLAs by risk specialty departments (e.g., Legal, Privacy, Data Security, Compliance, Insurance, etc.). Including process and technology improvement designed to decrease risk while simultaneously accelerating cycle times.
- Drive Collaboration between Global Procurement & Payables and related organizations inlcuding but not limited too AHN Supply Chain Management, Corporate Inventory and Vendor Management functions and Impacted parties; focusing on process and technology improvement aligned to Corporate initiatives.
- Serve as Global Procurement & Payables primary lead on Enterprise Initiatives including but not limited too Finance Transformation, acquisitions, ThinkUP initiatives, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing, or Industrial Engineering
Master's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing, or Industrial Engineering
15 years in procurement
10 years in strategic purchasing/sourcing with expertise in advanced procurement business practices and operations
5 years in management and leading cross divisional teams
Process analysis and improvement
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Strong leadership skills with ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead teams and build partnerships
- Solid understanding of procurement support services including contract management, spend analytics, supplier diversity, electronic auctions and state-of-the-art procurement technologies and tools
- Strategic mindset with superior executive presence and organizational savvy
- Uses knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term strategies
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Leads change and manages ambiguity and complexity and drives for results
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, effectively presenting complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills in addition to strong project leadership and management skills
- Extensive knowledge of assessing and recommending creative and time-sensitive solutions
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org