Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job performs various duties assisting OR staff members in providing optimal care to patients in the operating room. Provides services by moving patients and equipment/supplies to provide optimal services; provides services that maintain the facility in a sanitary and orderly condition and is cross-trained to be able to meet the demands and services performed primarily within the department. Provide quality service and demonstrate the values of Allegheny Health Network.
- Follow proper cleaning procedures in all assigned areas.
- Follow directions in the proper use of chemicals.
- Cleaning procedures include high dusting, sanitizing/spot cleaning, wet-mopping the OR between cases, waste removal, making OR bed/table, keeping scrub area cleaned and appropriately stocked, removing soiled linen and sent to appropriate location, assist OR staff in removing suction canisters and replacing them as appropriate.
- Meets the performance standards for department specific cleaning and sanitation standards.
- Safely transports patients between departments and patient care areas by stretcher or bed; communicating arrivals and departures to the appropriate staff.
- Delivers medical records, specimens, mail, medical supplies, equipment and other items as requested. Meets the performance standards for moving patients and equipment
- Assist in transfer process of patients from OR table to mode of transportation (stretcher).
- Ability to procure positioning devices (pillows, stirrups, Wilson frames, etc) under the direction of the OR professional staff.
- Returns equipment to proper location after cleaning with disinfect, such as stretchers, Wilson frames, orthopedic tables, stirrups, and other specialty equipment.
- Collects, cleans, tags, and removes broken or unsafe equipment.
- Maintains storage areas in a clean, orderly, and functional manner.
- Performs other services/functions such as, but not limited to, stocking supplies, linen, scrubs, bringing case carts to room, retrieving supplies from storage areas, recording refrigerator temperatures, carrying specimens to lab, assist other service associates to finish and/or clean rooms, running for blood products from lab, and other department related duties or special projects.
- Adheres to corporate citizenship standards as well as all regulatory and corporate requirements and expectations.
- Actively participates in facility/department programs, training, performance improvement, and maintains a professional image at all timer by following perioperative dress code.
- Adheres to department attendance policy.
- Completes duties and responsibilities adhering to all safety and infection control policies, procedures and practices including, but not limited to OSHA, proper hand washing technique, safe waste handling, AORN standards for terminal cleaning, personal protective equipment (PPE), and knowing emergency codes and correct responses.
- High school diploma/GED
- Prior work experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org