Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job assists in implementing overall network labor strategy, working directly with Director, Labor Relations in addressing and resolving labor and employee relations matters. Implements and evaluates the organization's employee and labor relations initiatives. Ensures entity compliance with workplace agreements, rules, and policies. Provides counsel and advice to leadership on labor agreements and human resource issues. Responsible for timely issue response, investigation and resolution regarding a wide variety of employee and labor matters. Keeps management informed of trends, special areas of concern, and recommends appropriate responses/actions. Provides support and assistance for collective bargaining.
- Investigate and resolve a wide variety of employee and labor matters including, but not limited to educating, coaching and counseling employees and management on collective bargaining agreements.
- Identify and tailor best practices to ensure effective implementation of agreed-upon strategies, while managing and resolving issues surrounding implementation.
- Assist with developing collective bargaining strategy and support the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements in collaboration with Employee and Labor Relations, HR and Operations management.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with operations and union leadership to address and resolve issues and proactively implement effective workplace practices.
- Direct and support HR Directors/Business Partners regarding the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements.
- Monitor legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Maintain records and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversee preparation of statistical reports using records of actions taken concerning grievances, disciplines, arbitration and related labor relations activities to identify and address problem areas.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration or relevant degree type
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration or relevant degree type
- 7 years in Labor/Employee relations, practicing labor law or handling labor relations in a large/complex/multi-site environment
- Knowledge of employment/labor laws, regulations, case law and their application
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment
- Specialized experience in handling grievances, negotiations, employment, employee relations, and employment law
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATION
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Able to influence outcomes with patience, follow-through, professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to facilitate diverse groups and lead others in collaborative efforts
- Able to work in partnership environment and cooperatively with labor organizations
- Experience in drafting and writing contractual language
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org