Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job oversees the end to end solutioning process from concept through hand off to activation for solutions and is accountable for the ultimate design, performance, and readiness for scale of the portfolio of solutions focused on improving the clinician experience. Understand clinician pain points and problems to be solved, champions the need for improving the clinician experience, and recognizes the benefits and impacts of these solutions on the patient – clinician relationship. Owns specific pillars of the clinician experience and partners across the Product & Health Experience organization to engage the comprehensive listening system, market and customer/clinician insights to manage solution development roadmaps, testing and scaling. Partners with a variety of Living Health Clinician dyad partners and the Design Delivery team to ensure expert clinical resources and other enterprise resources needed for an effective design process are deployed consistently in a well-defined matrix reporting structure. Responsible for coordinating teams of project managers, process engineers, designers, partners, and experts to inventory, evaluate, streamline, and design/re-design clinical solutions. Works with clinical, analytic, and business teams to understand the pain points associated with clinician journeys and define the ideal solutions. Partners with activation teams to craft the project plans to deploy and scale those solutions to customers. Makes formal documentation and recommendations regarding best in class solutions that should be adopted. Once adopted, the role will be accountable for managing vendor relationships and obligations, driving adoption of those solutions, and will be accountable for the performance of the solutions.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Leverages design knowledge to collaborate with stakeholders to define, plan, and design the appropriate end-to-end cross-channel experiences and solutions from a customer and clinician point of view to achieve customer engagement, clinician engagement, health outcomes, and affordability targets and in support of scaling curated health model solutions.
- Develop analytical frameworks, approach and methodology best practices to analyze strategy issues and monitor initiatives. Evaluates new software or technology capabilities, assesses vendor solutions, creates and manages ongoing partnerships with third parties such as digital agencies, software vendors, BCBSA, and other key vendors.
- Conveys and prioritizes needs from comprehensive listening system in collaboration with Portfolio Insights & Acceleration and other Enterprise teams in the matrix to identify client, customer and clinician needs and expectations to support solution design and personalization.
- Accesses market intelligence capabilities to understand the market products, innovations, competitor solutions and any aspect of information needed to support the design process.
- Synthesizes and interprets large amounts of quantitative data to support curated health model solution design, particularly for those solutions targeted at improving health outcomes and affordability.
- Leads in design sessions with design team, experts and other business partners. Applies a variety of methods and approaches to facilitate problem solving; experiments to find the best solutions.
- Interprets strategies into visual notional representations and explains the assumptions, approaches and key tenets. Applies an expert understanding of needs, goals, and challenges and connects to tell a single story.
- Monitors progress of Solution efforts and is accountable for Solution outcomes (ROI, KPIs) and collaborates with Finance to justify resource allocation for solution prototyping and scaling.
- On an ongoing basis, manages dependencies across Solutions and escalates decisions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Design, Healthcare Administration, Economics, Analytics, or related field
- Master's Degree in Business, Design, Healthcare Administration, Economics, Analytics, or related field
- 7 years post-graduate experience in the area of specialization, including leading large projects
- 3 years in Business or Healthcare
- 5 years with Health Insurance and/or Provider operations
- 3 years with operational improvement
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Through knowledge of membership, rates, financial, economic and competitive data
- Excellent written, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated with exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to effectively and competently handle multiple projects simultaneously and the flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes in work objectives, promotions, and available technology
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle, from planning to delivery
- Experience developing business cases, and building ROI for programs from planning through execution
- Ability to lead within a matrixed organization to partner with clinical experts
- Leads with a true sense of urgency with the ability to engage the workforce to do the right thing every time for our customers and clinicians
- Successfully parthers through collaboration and sense of urgency regarding process implementation and improvement/optimization
- Experience using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, member experience blueprints, and visual concepts
- Leads with a customer and clinician-centric lens and advocates for a combined customer and clinician view in all interactions
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org