Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job is responsible for developing and maintaining an anti-fraud program which includes development and delivery of training and filing of Fraud Plans and Reports. This position is responsible for conducting reviews of organizational or functional activities related to alleged fraud, waste and abuse perpetrated by providers, members, facilities, pharmacies, groups and/or employees of the organizations and Subsidiaries. The incumbent is responsible for interviews which might include providers and members and may be conducted onsite or offsite. This position is also responsible for the field investigative work necessary to complete a review of a special project, potential fraud, waste and abuse case, conducting the initial reviews and coordinating the recovery of money related to fraud, waste and abuse. The incumbent must be able to testify in a court of law, prepare cases for referral to various federal, state and local law enforcement entities and work with those agencies through closure of the case. Conduct audits for proactive and investigative purposes to comply with internal audit and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain annual anti-fraud program which includes facilitating fraud training and fraud awareness day, as well as filing annual fraud plans and reports according to state regulations. Responsible for updating annually the changes in insurance laws with regard to lines of business
- Conducts reviews of areas or programs as requested both internally and externally using department case protocol.
- Identifies parties involved by reviewing inquiries and complaints against providers, members, facilities, pharmacies, groups, and/or employees of Highmark and Subsidiaries.
- Interviews providers, members or any other individual(s) necessary to complete a case review or special project.
- Determines the scope of the allegation or special project by assembling the necessary information, statistics, policies and procedures, licensure information, doctors’ agreements, contract, etc.
- Coordinates data extracts by assessing multiple databases both internally and externally.
- Takes action to prevent further improper payments.
- Forwards case to the Credentialing and/or Medical Review Committee, law enforcement and regulatory agencies.
- Completes all necessary field (externally) investigative work for resolution or alleged fraud/waste and abuse cases or special projects.
- Provides support as needed to internal and external law enforcement and regulatory agencies, Credentialing or Medical Review Committee.
- Recover misappropriated funds paid by Highmark and affiliated companies and work with Finance to ensure proper recording the financial statements.
- Conduct audits for proactive and investigative purposes to comply with internal audit and regulatory requirements. Audits consist of contract, commissions, surveillance, workers’ compensation and IME. In addition, this position will complete Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) to ensure payments are not issued to unauthorized parties.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Nursing, IT or related field
- 3 years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization. Exempted experience requirements effective August 2016
- 2 years of Financial Analysis in an acute care hospital or health insurance setting
- Experience in hospital Patient Financial Services, HIM, Internal Audit, Reimbursement or Contracting departments
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- FCLS fraud claims law specialist
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Must have knowledge of provider facility payment methodology, claims processing systems and coding and billing proficiency.
- Must have understanding of technical and financial aspects of the health insurance industry.
- Strong personal computer skills, along with the ability to use fraud/abuse data mining tools are required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Client focused with strong business acumen.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically and act proactively to create strong trust and confidence with business units.
- Strong innovative problem-solving capabilities.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org