Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
Duties Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this position.
E1. Monitors system hardware components to ensure all equipment is functioning properly and efficiently; Utilizes automated diagnostic tools to identify potential problems, log issues and alert appropriate support staff for resolution: •Identifies errors and/or potential problems for the Windows, AIX servers and Mainframe •Identifies the type of hardware being monitored •Logs all issues in the Problem Management System •Escalates job failures to the correct support group •Logs all issues in the Problem Management System
E2. Monitors all batch processing to ensure all programs complete successfully without delays; Uses the event base scheduling system to identify all anomalies and log issues and alert appropriate support staff for resolution: •Identifies status of job streams and job failures •Escalates job failures to the correct support group •Logs all issues in the Problem Management System
E3. Performs semi-annual tape audits for both on-site and off-site tape storage.
E4. Uses automated balancing system to ensure claims jobs balance correctly. • Escalates all out of balance conditions to the appropriate support group • Identifies balancing issues from the batch processing • Logs all issues in the Problem Management System
E5. Utilizes the Data Center environmental equipment and monitoring tools to ensure the equipment is stable and fully operational: •Identifies FM200 fire suppression system alarms •Identifies errors or potential problems with the UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) •Identifies errors with the Data Center air conditioning (CRAC Units)
E6. Performs all job duties efficiently, accurately and at an acceptable level of performance.
E7. Communicates the status of all systems, applications, balancing and special scheduling requests to the upcoming shift • Uses the standard turnover templates and problem reporting as the communication forum: •Communicates all outstanding special processing requests • Communicates the status of the systems and applications • Communicates the status of the claims balancing routines
E8. Maintains Departmental Standard Operating Procedures
E9. Performs other duties of a similar nature that are not inconsistent with this position or pay grade
E10. Maintain confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations
E11. Delivers customer service in a professional, polite and efficient manner
HS/GED required. Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems preferred.
A minimum of nine (9) months work experience in Computer Operations in a large scale, high transaction processing center required. One year and nine (9) months work experience in Computer Operations in a large scale, high transaction processing center preferred.
1. All requirements in the Computer Operator Trainee position must be met
2. Must meet qualifications to perform the job including satisfactory completion of all training and testing
3. Working knowledge of a large scale, complex multi-system-processing environment (ex. Media management, Scheduling software, interaction with peripheral equipment)
4. Demonstrates a working knowledge of Job Control Language (JCL) used in a CIS environment with the ability to identify JCL errors and perform JCL overrides
5. Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
6. Well organized with ability to adapt to changing office environment. Attention to details and time management skills
7. Proficiency in English language skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar, in both written and verbal communication to ensure communications are issued in a professional manner
8. Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal communication with internal and external contacts, in a professional manner
9. Knowledge of job processing concepts, such as job triggers, job dependencies, file trigger and job abends
10. Working knowledge of personal computer and application software, such as Microsoft Suite software with specific emphasis on Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
11. Ability to utilize basic office equipment including telephone, copier, printer and calculator
12. Computer Software typically used: Word, Excel, On Demand and Systems Monitoring Tools
Identifies hardware/software issues and problems; Demonstrates ability to provide level one support for all Data Center anomalies, including job batch failures, failure with hardware and Data Center equipment
Does this Position have Supervisory Responsibility? No
Number of Emps Supervised:
Titles of Employees Supervised:
Other Job Specifications:
External Contacts: Vendors
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
* Must be able to work in an office environment
* Physical Effort: Moderate; may engage in activities requiring prolonged standing, walking, close machine/instrument work or lifting, pushing, pulling supplies or equipment.
* Weight: lift/carry/push/pull under 10 lbs.
* Weight: lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 lbs.
* Weight: lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
* Prolonged Sitting
* Repetitive Motion
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
* Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org