Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
Duties Note: The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties required of this position.
E1. Processes external and internal mailing: •Assembles and prepares materials for external and internal mailings. •Receives incoming mail, date stamps and distributes.
E2. Accesses corporate software and systems for data entry and information retrieval: •Prints daily reports (open item) for response. •Collects and distributes internal documentation as necessary. •Assembles documents for corporate electronic processing and filing.
E3. Identifies required tasks from department reports: •Completes requests for information/tasks as required. •Records information such as change request or trouble ticket number. •Notes request/task as completed.
E4. Performs routine clerical functions: •Files, retrieves files, faxes, scans, copies documents. •Maintains inventory of departmental materials for mailing to members (some depts.). •Delivers batched claims/medical records to other departments (Blue Card).
E5. Performs all job duties efficiently, accurately and at an acceptable rate of performance.
E6. Maintains confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
E7. Delivers customer service in a professional, polite and efficient manner.
N8. Performs other duties of a similar nature that are necessary and not inconsistent with this position or pay grade.
1. Must meet qualifications to perform the job including satisfactory completion of all training and testing
2. Basic Computer Literacy skills
3. Ability to multitask in fast paced environment
4. Well organized with ability to adapt to changing office environment; exhibits attention to details and time management skills
5. Typing Skills: 40 WPM
6. Proficiency in English language skills, including spelling, punctuation and grammar, in both written and verbal communication to ensure communications are issued in a professional manner
7. Working knowledge of personal computer and application software such as Microsoft Suite
8. Computer Software typically used: Word, Facets
9. Computer Software typically used in Blue Card: Content Manager, Blue Square, Facets
10. Ability to utilize basic office equipment including PC, scanner, telephone, copier, printer, fax
Identifies issues and problems as related to the office support functions listed above. Contacts Manager with system or job function issues.
Does this Position have Supervisory Responsibility? No
Number of Emps Supervised:
Titles of Employees Supervised:
Other Job Specifications:
External Contacts: Members, Customers (N/A in Blue Card)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
* Must be able to work in an office environment
* Physical Effort: Minimum; typical of most office work. Mostly sedentary work.
* Weight: lift/carry/push/pull under 10 lbs.
* Weight: lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 lbs.
* Prolonged Sitting
* Repetitive Motion
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc)
* Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks
* Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org