Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results. (40%)
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation. (20%)
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate. (20%)
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary. (20%)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Radiography certification -- must be obtained within 12 months of hire
- CPR certification.
- Prior radiology experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org