Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Leadership responsibility for AHN system, facility and/or service line quality metrics obtained through ensuring accountability, continuous process improvement and development of new, innovative processes to improve patient care and overall patient and family experience.
- Oversees community outreach, high risk populations and disease specific sites to establish and sustain working relationships within the network (health plan, physicians, office staff, social services staff, financial counselor, dietician, etc.).
- Management of staff responsibilities as designated by the AHN system, facility or service line that will ensure a perfect patient and family experience through their continuum of care in the facility, clinics and home setting ensuring all appropriate supportive services are in place for all patients and families.
- Develops and implements new outreach programs, education and research projects for the AHN system to ensure the programmatic and patient improvements are showcased at a national level.
- Educates and coordinates care regarding patient's diagnosis, treatment options, course of treatment, clinical trial information and resources available. Works with health care team to ensure safe handoff, coordination of care between facilities as well as inpatient to outpatient coordination of care. Works with High-Risk Care Teams to reduce re-admissions. May work with and assist Registry staff with data collection, patient outcomes and updates care delivery models.
- Coordinates appointments including all aspects of the multi-disciplinary team (physicians, consults, supportive care services, etc. and accompanies patients as needed to appointments. Ensures that medication adherence issues are addressed. Works with AHN physician offices to identify at-risk patients and assists in facilitating appropriate screening processes.
- Trends data and outcomes as established for the navigation program. Identifies gaps to improve patient care across the continuum. Develops or attends existing clinical care conference to report out on active patients to the multi-disciplinary team.
- Identifies bereavement needs of families and develops plan of care.
- Performs all steps necessary relative to hiring, evaluating, coaching, promoting, disciplining and discharging employees by following established HR policies.
- Master's degree in nursing (or obtained within three years of date of hire) or CRNP/PA.
- Current PA RN Licensure
- 5-7 years of experience in a clinical setting
- Prior management experience
- Certification in area of expertise
- Valid PA driver's license may be required
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org