Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This role performs prescribed Radiographic, CT, MRI, Mammography, and/or Special Procedure imaging at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgement and initiative.
- Positions patients, selects anatomical and technical parameters accurately to independently perform imaging in assigned modalities. Prepares for and assists the physician in radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures. (50%)
- Implements radiation protection and patient safety standards. (20%)
- Completes all required documentation for procedures e.g. regulatory, billing protocols and image distribution. (15%)
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations. (10%)
- Maintains adequate supplies for efficient section/department operations. Participates in inventory control and monitoring. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent education and experience.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R) certification.
- 1 year experience as a Radiologic Technologist.
- CPR certification.
- Prior radiology experience in multiple modalities.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(CT) certification or ARRT (MR) certification or ARRT (M) Radiography certification or ARRT (VI) Radiography certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice