Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job manages the delivery of cross functional services to meet benefit operations needs. Provide overall direction and leadership to Benefits Projects, Process Excellence and Benefits Technical Support teams. Responsible for project delivery that is within scope, on time and on or under budget utilizing appropriate tools and technologies to support the business. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholder health plans and across the unit. Manage and allocate resources as required in order to meet customer requirements and product objectives. Focus on meeting project commitments including communications with sponsors and stakeholders. Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects. Ensures open communication and commitment from team members and manages resistance appropriately.
- Lead and direct the function and delivery of products and services from the cross plan shared resources team in support of multiple health plans.
- Create, prioritize and maintain unit-wide project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating resources, and activities.
- Communicate project status, milestones, action items, risks, risk mitigation plans to customers and management. Develop leadership dashboards as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate resource allocation by effective project scheduling and management. Release resources as soon as practical.
- Negotiate with clients, internal resources and outside vendors to establish schedules, milestones and deadlines.
- Resolve conflicts in project priorities, schedules and/or resource allocation with customer and sponsor input.
- Coach, mentor, manage, and develop the operational unit by establishing clear goals, expectations, and strategies for performance. Implement culture of accountability, transparency, knowledge-sharing and high-quality outcomes. Promote diversity and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or IT
- 6 years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Business or IT
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a project leadership role
- 3 - 5 years of experience in insurance operation industry experience
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a project leadership role
- 5 - 7 years of experience in insurance operation industry experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in project management
- Strong listening, oral and communication skills
- Strong team building and leadership skills
- Strong ability to manage change
- Advanced working knowledge of process functionality and understanding of multiple business platforms
- Extensive experience in giving management presentations
0% - 25%
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT (other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches/Trains others regularly
Travels regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (Sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical Work Site Required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org