Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The job understands healthcare data end-to-end and oversees the analysis and delivery of analytic data for the enterprise. The incumbent is responsible for the scope, planning, and delivery of analytic data efforts for Enterprise Analytics. Understands healthcare data from end-to-end and the analysis, testing and delivery needs of analytic data for the Organization. Oversees requirements solicitation, and testing of analytic delivery systems and collaborates with engineering and quality teams on cross-functional efforts, in this role the incumbent should also act as a business data subject matter expert hands on where possible, and guide, lead and educate staff knowledge and growth. Responsible for customer relationship management.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provide leadership for data analysis, including requirement solicitation, collaboration with engineering and quality teams, testing of core data platforms, and delivering solutions to solve business problems. Work directly with delivery teams on business domain knowledge where needed. Educating and growing department staff.
- Oversee (in Matrix) the incorporation of new data within the analytic framework for the organization, including working with alternative analytic data systems to incorporate them into the data flow for Analytic Teams. Oversee the team conducting verification of analytic data for the organization, including confirmation of the accuracy of new data sources used by analytic entities through the enterprise.
- Develop and implement business plans, policies, and procedures related to delivering data and analytic systems. Oversee business needs, testing, and consulting of the core analytic platform/hub for the analytics organizations.
- Monitor and report out to management on the status of departmental projects: anticipates and identifies issues that could inhibit achieving the project goals and objectives, and implementing corrective actions and mitigation strategies.
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems Analysis, Data Processing, Healthcare Informatics or Management Information Systems
- 6 years relevant and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor degree
- Master's Degree in Management Information Systems or Healthcare Informatics
- 7 - 10 years in a Business Analyst role, in Data Analytics or in the Healthcare Industry
- 3 - 5 years in Management
- 10 - 15 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 3 - 5 years in Data Warehousing
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office
- Communication Skills
- Requirements Analysis
- Testing Skills
- Healthcare Industry
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org