Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Cares for patients in the psychiatric unit, under direction of nursing. They are responsible for providing quality patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Competency requirements focus on patient care, continuing self-development and unit responsibilities and performance of the following duties.
- Perform 15 minute checks on all patients to ensure patient safety and document.
- Communicates pertinent information to appropriate staff members.
- Promptly answers signal lights, bells, or intercom system to determine patients' needs.
- Accompanies patients to shower rooms, and assists them in bathing, dressing and grooming. Supervises patients while shaving.
- Feeds patients or attempts to persuade them to eat, and notes and records reasons for rejection of food. Supervises patients while in dining room.
- Observes patients to detect unusual behavior per observation protocol. Utilizes diversionary activities, alternatives to restraint for escalating behavior. Aides in application and release of restraint per protocol, if required.
- Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
- Turns and repositions bedfast patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Accurately takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output and ADL's as directed. Documents per department standard.
- Accurately performs and documents Point of Care testing per department standard and yearly credentialing.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and demonstrates respect for patient rights.
- Recognizes own limitations and seeks assistance appropriately.
- Maintains a neat and clean, safe patient room/care area.
- Assists patients in becoming accustomed to hospital routine and encourages them to participate in social and recreational activities to promote rehabilitation.
- Attends and/or participates in unit based conferences, as per unit standard.
- Attends all mandatory education opportunities.
- Participates in various educational offerings to enhance performance/competency.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR Certification, nonviolent crisis intervention within 6 months, Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org