Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
As we continue to transform Allegheny Health Network into a nationally leading, clinician-led provider of innovative, high-quality and high-value healthcare services, it is imperative that we have the right leaders in place across the organization to help set goals, drive expectations, inspire and galvanize others in the pursuit of clinical excellence, and implement meaningful change, when necessary.
The Chief Operating Officer position requires candidates with a demonstrated track record of superior performance in a senior operations leadership role, exceptional high ethical standards, and healthcare business acumen, among other attributes. Most importantly, the ideal candidate is someone who is both familiar with the unique market dynamics in which Forbes Hospital must operate and excel, and who shares and embodies the patient-centered vision, mission and values we uphold as an organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall leadership of Forbes Hospital's services and programs and ensures the establishment and attainment of tactical and operational goals consistent with the organizational strategic plan, and in accordance with budgetary, quality and service excellence goals; represents the hospital to internal and external constituents so as to promote a positive image of the hospital and facilitate collaborative relationships.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning process by establishing strategic direction and prioritizing of strategic initiatives. Assists in the development of short and long range institutional goals in accordance with the hospital's mission, vision, values and strategic direction.
- Provides leadership in hospital-wide Quality, Performance Improvement and Service Excellence initiatives. Provides leadership to the hospital's Service Excellence program.
- Prepares and manages according to fiscal year budget plans, ensuring that the budget planning process correctly identifies operational needs of all departments within the hospital and that the hospital operates within the approved fiscal year budget.
- Provides leadership, management and supervision to operational hospital leaders ensuring hiring, development and retention of key senior leaders and their creation/maintenance of a high quality service and high performing work teams.
- Provides hospital wide leadership to ensure that all Joint Commission, DOH and all other regulatory requirements are met on a continuous basis within the established parameters for all areas.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field
- Ten years of progressive hospital administration experience
- Strong, positive track record in physician/medical staff relationships; experience in joint ventures with physicians and building/expanding key service lines.
- Quality-oriented, focused on improvements in patient care services; has successful record in improving patient, physician, and employee satisfaction scores.
- Excellent financial skills with a strong business, quality, mission and results-focused orientation; has successful record of growing programs, services, market share and profitability.
- Work experience in competitive environments; and competed successfully against strong market competition in his or her immediate service area and regionally.
- Known for open and inclusive management style yet holding people accountable.
- A reputation for proactive identification of issues and finding solutions to them.
- MHA, MBA, or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or similar certification in quality improvement.
- Experience that demonstrates focus on the long-term success of an institution; a track record of implementing significant change and a history of staying on after change has been undertaken.
- Experience in a multi-institutional healthcare system and in an academic medical setting
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org