Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job will partner with investigators across the Highmark Health enterprise to increase scholarly activity and health outcomes research initiatives. Using real-world evidence aggregated from blended clinical and utilization data sets, the incumbent will deploy a team of medical writers/editors, biostatisticians, and data abstractors partnered with clinical leaders to answer hypothesis-driven research questions. The incumbent will usher peer-reviewed publications and associated research from inception/design through data collection and analysis, manuscript drafting and revision, and submission.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority. (15%)
- Interface with key investigators to support the lifecycle of the peer-reviewed publication process: assisting with defining hypostasis-driven research questions, study design, data acquisition and refinement, manuscript drafting and submission. (25%)
- Develop and deploy the Publication Support Office team – including staff recruitment, retention, and mentorship of biostatisticians, data abstractors, technical writers and editors, and medical illustrators. (20%)
- Partner with key stakeholders to expand health outcomes research and scholarly activity across the Enterprise including harnessing and refining aggregated data and data input to produce research-quality datasets and analyses/output that meet regulatory requirements and scientific rigor. (20%)
- Support academic collaborations by assisting with the preparation of collaborative findings for public distribution including peer-reviewed publications, scientific meetings, and in support of grant and extramural funding requests. (20%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Healthcare or related field / basic Sciences
- 7 years of contributing to peer-reviewed publications across a range of scientific disciplines
- 3 years of data mining, aggregation and refinement
- 3 years of presenting at national scientific meetings/forums
- 3 years with Biostatistical analyses and study design
- Program build and implementation
- Standard Operating Procedure development
- Doctorate in Healthcare or related field / basic Sciences
- Staff/team member mentorship experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org