Company :United Concordia Dental
Job Description :
This job will coordinate, execute and disseminate competitive intelligence research projects in order to provide insights and information regarding the Organization's relative strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats. Research will be conducted and managed in a way that supports business decisions, measuring performance, and provides strategic guidance to the organization at a department and overall level.
- Proactively manage and coordinate the entire research process of each assigned project to assure that the research methodology, instruments and vendors are the best fit for achieving results.
- Evaluate, negotiate with, contract, coordinate and manage vendors and temporary services on continuous project-by-project basis.
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence, information, research and data on competitors and their products to identify market trends and potentials, competitive forces, penetration strategies, user biases and preferences and similar parameters.
- Identify and monitor key industry trends and activities, as well as provide proactive research on competitor activity.
- Gather, classify and analyze competitive intelligence from a variety of field sources. Collect and analyze data to identify trends, market potential, competitive forces, penetration/segmentation strategies, customer preferences, etc. Organize information into usable, actionable reports for distribution to the field and to management for use in strategic and operational decision-making. Determine priorities, schedules and coordinates resources within assigned projects. Analyze research results and develop insightful research reports based on the analysis.
- Act as subject matter expert with respect to key research findings. Report on methodologies used and provide insight on findings. May also act as lead project manager for high-profile projects, and utilize other department members to obtain/compile facets of the project. Manage ongoing, complex, long-term projects. Identify need for implementing new processes/ongoing projects.
- Establish and maintain a knowledge management process for the collection, synthesis, and dissemination of pertinent market, strategic, and competitor information.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- 2 years working in market research
- 2 years with developing and presenting analysis of secondary research data
Due to Department of Defense (DOD) contract requirements, the incumbent who fills this position must be a US citizen, and must also pass a background check”
- Prior experience in Healthcare/Health Insurance or related field
- Proven expertise gathering and reporting on competitive intelligence
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Training in specific marketing research methodologies such as report writing and data gathering is a plus
- Proficiency in all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as technical ability to learn various other data and online applications
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
WFA - Work From Anywhere
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Referral Level 2
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org