Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job contributes to the project leadership of multiple complex product and technology solutions throughout the Infrastructure & Security group. The incumbent exhibits and applies the core behaviors which define success for HMHS and our customers: Purposeful Execution, Teamwork, Transformational Leadership, and a Customer-First mentality. This requires a commitment to on-time/on-budget delivery, promoting a culture of collaboration among all project stakeholders, thinking and planning strategically in areas of risk mitigation and overall project direction, and a dedicated focus on bringing value to our customers.
- Serve as a project leader with multiple medium sized projects. Contribute to the definition, planning, and delivery of multiple product and technology projects, working with the executive sponsor (Director or higher) and other management as required to ensure achievement of the defined project goals. Influence the successful delivery and implementation of cross-functional activities to achieve the desired results for a defined program and/or strategic initiative.
- Maintain the day-to-day operation of projects (including budgetary oversight and staffing) ensuring that all projects are reliably delivered on time, on budget and with a consistently high standard of quality.
- Collaborate with all project stakeholders to proactively identify and mitigate project risks with frequent reevaluation and reprioritization of the risk register. Contribute to creation of communication strategies and execute to provide accurate and timely project information. Efficiently summarize and present complex ideas and/or data into a format that can be understood by all levels of the organization.
- Cultivate a customer-first attitude by forging relationships with stakeholders to better understand their needs and goals, and seek to discern what the customer impact will be for each project decision and/or action taken.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management Information Science (MIS), or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Management Information
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in project management
- 3 years of work experience delivering business solutions using information technology
- Proven work experience successfully delivering technology solutions in the field of healthcare infrastructure and/or security
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar
- Customer-first mindset. Skilled at anticipating customers' needs and the ability to build relationships that enable collaboration among all stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to drive change and thrive in ambiguity
- Can successfully manage scope, people and budgets through strategic planning of one or more projects not only for current phases, but for the future as well
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Is articulate and can communicate succinctly to multiple levels within a matrixed organization; Must be comfortable presenting to large and diverse audiences
- Assertive leader who can analyze complex problems and works proactively to overcome obstacles by identifying risk and planning out mitigation and contingency strategies
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including experience with conflict resolution. Ability to pull together a group of people with diverse skills and make a functional team
- Passion for leading projects and interacting with people to drive technical solutions to a successful completion
- Proven ability to influence change and negotiate solutions
- Ability to lead others who will be running smaller sub-projects and provide mentorship/coaching to less experienced staff
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org