Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Manages, organizes, plans, oversees and implements the day to day operations of Volunteer Resources Department aligning with organizational mission for designated entity. Responsibilities include design, implementation, and promotion of volunteer/associate/community programs.
- Responsible for recruitment (internally/externally), prescreening, behavioral interviewing, placement and retention of unpaid volunteers. Including but not limited to volunteer fairs, social media efforts etc. (15%)
- Oversees, directs, and evaluates volunteers as resources to meet the needs of organization to fulfill our mission. This may include placement, supervising, scheduling, relationship building, and conflict resolution. (15%)
- Obtains, reviews, approves and monitors background clearances to ensure compliance with federal/state/local/and hospital guidelines. E.g., DHS, CPSL, Joint Commission, OIG. (10%)
- Responsible for induction, orientation, house-wide education & training development ensuring compliance with AHN/Highmark guidelines. (10%)
- Utilizes independent discretion and judgment, identifies opportunities, plans, implements, organizes, and manages volunteers and associate programs or activities. (10%)
- Prioritizes needs, fulfills special organizational project requests with volunteers; oversees projects from start to finish (includes scheduling, determining processes, and managing volunteer resources required). (10%)
- Oversees volunteers ensuring compliance with organizational and departmental procedure/guidelines. Provides input for policies. Provides coaching and approved disciplinary action when needed. (10%)
- Plans/coordinates volunteer recognition efforts and other events as needed which may include associate recognition and community programs. (10%)
- Designs, plans and executes program/event/activity details from conception (including scouting) through clean up ensuring the implementation and success of programs. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Marketing, or Social Services or 7 years experience in volunteer program management
- 3 years in Recruitment/Interviewing and Leadership roles
- 2 years in program development, design and implementation
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org