Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This role is a member of the Community Affairs team, managing strategic partnerships, programs, and grant making efforts in Highmark Health’s Western market, and supporting other Corporate Affairs functions. The role serves as the regional leader and is responsible for promoting and enhancing the corporate community impact of Highmark and Allegheny Health Network through strategic community partnerships, programs, volunteerism, and corporate giving initiatives in the region. Will be responsible for the development and execution of defined strategies that promote the enterprise’s initiatives within the enterprise footprint. Will have high level of visibility in these counties at community events and on-site visits to local non-profit organizations and other partners. Will have deep knowledge of and experience with diverse communities and will know how to foster collaboration and support for positive change among vulnerable populations. The incumbent will possess knowledge of the broad social, economic, and place-based forces affecting the health of the communities we serve. Will have strong knowledge of nonprofit organizations and assist in connecting aligned initiatives with opportunities in the market. Will have the skills to facilitate authentic, productive dialogue within diverse communities and settings and have a record of success in working effectively with individuals and groups from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds. Represents Highmark Health by regularly working with community stakeholders and leaders, such as hospital CEOs, government officials, corporate customer CEOs and senior executives throughout the region, to assess the local issues and determine where Highmark Health can provide support. Represents the enterprise on key boards, regional initiatives, and internal and external committees in order to connect the enterprise with other community leaders and other corporate partners and customers. Willing to work on an on-call basis, as needed evenings and weekends, to respond to executive requests and travel regionally as deemed essential for the success of our efforts. Will support and assist Community Affairs leadership in managing other community programs and activities that support the total health experience of our members and patients and enhance the health and quality of life in the communities that we serve.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Ensure the overall quality and timeliness of all aspects of the community engagement process, including protecting the enterprise from risk exposure. Develop and implement clear and concise policies and procedures for partners, grantees and staff. Ensure compliance with policies by partners, grantees and staff. Conduct weekly review meetings with direct reports, which involves corporate contribution recommendations and decision making, while adhering to all corporate policies. Work closely with regional VP to manage and facilitate engagement and grant and sponsorship fulfillment in Highmark Health footprint for Highmark and AHN, especially with regard to joint partnerships and sponsorships.
- Oversee the development and operations of the community engagement process across all assigned markets. Monitor and enhance the corporate giving website to insure compliance and a customer-friendly user experience. Assist in the management and administration of tax credit giving across all markets.
- Provide direction, leadership, and expertise to cross-functional teams in many key departments in order to increase the success of Highmark’s business goals. Work closely with SDOH, EEHI, Sales, Senior Markets, Provider Affairs, Highmark Direct, Government Affairs, and others. Take a leadership role on special Community Affairs initiatives as identified by the VP and Senior Vice President. Serve as team leader on key Community Affairs operational strategies.
- External Representative of Highmark: promote Highmark’s initiatives to address health needs of the community; strategically identify and cultivate partnership opportunities; represent Highmark in the community; and serve on key community boards and committees.
- Serve as a resource and team lead to the department on subject-matter expertise, and contributes to and manages medium to large projects within the department. Stands in for the unit leader in multiple roles and functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care, Human Services or related field
- Master's Degree in Health Care, Human Services or related field
- 7 years in Health Care, Human Services or related field
- 3 years Supervisory or Team Leadership
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in philanthropy and nonprofit sector.
- Strong, established involvement in the community.
- Problem identification and resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully negotiate with a variety of external entities.
- Strong public speaking, strategic thinking, and conflict management skills.
- Corporate giving experience.
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 3
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org