Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will define and lead complex, cross-business and cross-functional innovation projects, which are essential to the thinkUP Labs. The incumbent will deploy accepted project, change, and process management standards across the business to achieve business and program objectives. Will conduct advanced research, analysis, and coordination of strategic innovation opportunities. Provide primary research, financial analysis, business model design, and implementation proposal for innovation projects. Work closely with senior management and a variety of functional areas to analyze strategic innovation opportunities, develop and present business cases and operational plans, and communicate financial and strategic implications of new opportunities. Lead innovation projects from problem identification and exploration, ideation, solution proposal development, development and testing, launch and monitoring, and incubation and transfer, working with a team of varied skill-sets.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Formulate and be accountable for the overall program/project plan, delivery, and achievement of objectives as they relate to the innovate stage gate process (including problem exploration, ideation, solution proposal development, development and testing of PoCs/MVPs, launch and monitoring, and incubation and transfer of innovation.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis, ensure stakeholder alignment and engagement. Work closely with change management practitioners to create a change strategy and plan. Create and execute a leadership alignment strategy and plan to garner buy-in.
- Lead the analysis of strategic innovation opportunities. Develop concept briefs, business case documentation, and presentations for strategic innovation projects based on problem identification or business needs. Develop business requirements and / or product specifications for technology for projects and initiatives.
- Define project scope and goals, estimate budget and risks, and define detailed project plan. Possess and deploy Program/project management domain knowledge and understanding of all relevant disciplines, processes and tools.
- Deploy process and tool Improvements through innovation initiatives. Stay current with technical basics and new technology, in order to optimize the goals of each project and maximize the synergy between the projects.
- Gather innovation ideas through crowd sourcing or senior management ideation workshops. Summarize, prioritize, and combine ideas into projects for further analysis and review.
- Provide business management with regular project performance status updates, variances to plan and identification of corrective actions. Conduct evaluation upon project completion to identify root causes for variances and improvement opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Engineering, or related field
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- 5 years in Strategy/Management Consulting or Program Management
- 3 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years in Corporate Innovation
- 3 years with Digital Transformation
- 1 year with Change Management
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Human Centered Design
- Strong understanding of innovation horizons and innovation / R&D stage gates
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders internally and externally as well as off-shore team members
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to find new innovations
- Familiar and comfortable with technical/ technology-related discussions
- Strong executive communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Ability to digest complex conceptual and operational problems; synthesize and communicate solutions that address those problems
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated influencing, and teamwork skills
- Basic project management skills
- Focus on impacts to the customer of decisions rendered
- Proactive in driving change and continuous improvement
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mindset
- Commitment to development of self and team members
- Proven ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify consumer/market need to develop business cases and express ideas abstractly and graphically.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org