Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job provides case and condition management services to targeted members cohorts. Current cohorts include; Members holding a Major Depression Diagnosis or Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) with co-morbid medical conditions. The incumbent uses clinical and motivational interviewing skills to assess members’ needs including social determinants of health and establish mutually agreeable short and long-term goals. Supports members in developing self-management skills and adopting positive behavior changes, identifies and addresses gaps in care, barriers to member’s adherence to standards of evidence-based care, helps members to coordinate their comprehensive healthcare services and navigate the healthcare system, and identifies on-line, telephonic and community-based resources. The overall goal is to help members navigate the health care system and develop condition self-management skills through behavior change.
- Function as a primary contact for members with Opioid Use Disorder (OUD)/Behavioral Health with co-morbid medical conditions including pregnancy to provide intensive case management interventions. Provide members with resources and tools to assist in health-related decision making. Conduct clinical and psycho-social assessments telephonically to address the health and wellness needs of the Organization's members.
- Collaborate with case and condition management teams to provide co-management activities for members who require additional services. Participate in ongoing training and educational activities related to behavioral health and medical topics. Pro-actively incorporate lifestyle improvement and prevention opportunities into member interactions and coaching. Provide education on evidenced based treatment.
- Utilize standard case management approach to manage members’ conditions (Motivational interviewing; Develop plans of care; Establish a plan for contact to review progress/assess needs; Communicate with treating provider(s); Identify community-based resources for long-term maintenance).
- Assess for social determinants of health and link members with community resources to eliminate barriers.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma/GED with RN license
- Master’s Degree if Licensed Behavioral Health Professional or Licensed Social Work
- 5 years of Post licensure experience in any combination of behavioral health clinical, case management and/or condition management
- 5 years of Advanced training and experience in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and or DBT
- 5 years of Experience working with healthcare needs of populations with substance use disorders
- 5 years of Experience working with the healthcare needs of diverse populations
- 5 years of Proficiency in a second language
- 5 years of Understanding of the drug and alcohol system, harm reduction and community resources
- 5 years of Crisis management
- 5 years of Understand how addiction, depression and medical co-morbidities affects families
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
One of the following:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- CAC - Certified Addiction Counselor
- Advanced knowledge of motivational interviewing and stages of change
- Proficiency in utilizing PC-based system application and reporting packages, especially Microsoft Office application
- Understanding of confidentiality laws as they pertain to Drug and Alcohol and Behavioral Health
- Knowledge of evidenced based practices as it relates to treatment of OUD/behavioral health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org