Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job directs and manages Operational Excellence programs, which provides oversight and guidance for the portfolio of programs and projects that are designed to improve operational deficiencies. The incumbent will work collaboratively with various stakeholders and multiple cross-functional teams, locations and departments to improve operational practices. Designs, implements and executes strategies and works with cross-functional clinical, pharmaceutical, operations, IT and performance management improvement teams to ensure overall goals of the organization are met and to optimize outcomes. Will lead a team of agile coaches, process designers, and program managers who will interact with the business to ideate and implement efficiencies. This job requires a strong leader who can both plan and execute components of a strategy. This includes advanced problem solving training, assessing and planning for learning gaps, helping capture the value of these initiatives, and an understanding of the change management needed to realize the value. The incumbent will do this by using key tools found in Six Sigma and Agile like disciplines.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provides direct coaching to the executive leadership team within the organization on agile and operational effectiveness in partnership with the enterprise effectiveness team through their federated model. This person would attend leadership meetings throughout the organization to present progress, influence direction, and obtain strategic direction.
- Partner will all levels of management to assemble project teams and work groups to produce deliverables required to achieve the objectives of a defined project/program. Works closely with Enterprise Effectiveness, Project Management and Change Office, HMHS, Advanced Analytics, and business owners to drive operational efficiencies.
- Manage the Operational Excellence department. Develop the roadmap and priorities, define the business engagement model, and execute and deliver all identified operational improvement driven initiatives. Work with Enterprise Effectiveness to ensure alignment on accountabilities and a consistent approach.
- Lead efforts to perform analysis of enterprise-wide practices to identify opportunities for improvement. Access current processes and implement performance improvement programs. Manage key operational initiatives through a disciplined, customer focused, program management approach; identify and resolve project and program issues. Deliver on the core principles using Six Sigma and Agile delivery principles.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years of experience in an operational excellence role
- Master's Degree in Operational Excellence, Business Administration/Management, or Clinical Programs
- 10 years in Project Management, to include :
- 5 years in the Healthcare Industry
- 5 years in a Leadership role
- 7 years using Lean/Six Sigma or other related disciplines
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Black Belt
- Master Black Belt
- Agile Scrum Certification
- Leading change
- Written and oral presentation
- Managing large scale projects
- Organization and prioritization
- Budget management
- Financial acumen
- People management
Language: (Other than English)
- 0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy P olicies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org