Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job manages the Organization's corporate strategic planning process including the development of the enterprise environmental overview, refinement of strategic objectives, and identification of required supporting capabilities. Work closely with operational unit leaders to ensure alignment of operational unit strategies with enterprise objectives. Build network of internal and external thought leaders to track emerging market opportunities and business threats, explore novel solutions, and develop strategies to address business issues and industry trends. Communicate enterprise strategic plan to the Board of Directors and employees. Monitor the execution of strategy. Has considerable latitude to interact independently with internal executives and external organizations.
1. Enterprise Planning
- Manage all components of Highmark’s enterprise strategic planning process
- Identify industry trends and issues that may impact Highmark strategies and public policy
- Provide a structured approach to the refining enterprise strategic objectives and supporting capabilities
- Manage external consultants hired to supplement the enterprise planning process.
- Prepare all materials in support of enterprise planning meetings
- Presentation to or facilitation of executive meetings to review options and make decisions surrounding strategic issues and public policy options
- Work closely with corporate support areas critical to the strategic planning process including Government Affairs, Finance and Administrative Services, and Market Research
- Formation and management of cross functional teams to execute action plans in response to strategic issues and events
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continual process improvements to the corporate planning process
2. Alignment of Operational Planning Activities
- Manage enterprise framework by which all operating units conduct strategic planning efforts in alignment with enterprise objectives
- Provide guidance to operating unit strategists on the structure and timing of key enterprise planning milestones
- Participate in operational unit planning activities and provide input and guidance when appropriate
- Develop and manage the tools and frameworks necessary for the collection of operational unit planning
- Conduct structured reviews of operational planning activities with CEO and executive strategy group
- Work with the senior executives of subsidiary businesses to develop strategic planning toolsets tailored to their businesses
- Drive all strategic planning activities for Corporate Marketing & Planning and the Corporate Strategy & Development division
3. Performance Monitoring and Communication of Strategy
- Manage performance monitoring activities relating to strategic advancement and strategy execution
- Facilitate the development of corporate performance metrics
- Conduct quarterly meetings with senior executives to review strategic performance and support adjustment of strategy
- Communicate key components of enterprise strategy to Highmark BOD and employees
- Develop communications for periodic BOD meetings and the Annual Board Strategy Retreat
4. Lead enterprise strategy projects
- Support executive leadership with a range of strategy project activities essential to Highmark's overall strategic success
- Serve as subject matter expert to business management and stakeholders on membership, growth, operational strategy, acquisition/divestiture and competitor issues
- Provide strategic, analytic and leadership support to Highmark senior management and project teams enabling:
- Design and execution of analytics for addressing business issues including market research, scenario planning, and forecasting
- Development of technical content including competitive intelligence and market trend analysis
- Presentation of formal recommendations to senior leadership
- Manage and lead major corporate strategy and/or business development projects and teams comprised of internal or external strategy consulting resources
- Prioritize issues and brief executive management on potential impacts and actions
- Develop processes to build competitive strategies, plans, and tools and determine the most appropriate responses to competitive threats and opportunities
5. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in business or health care-related field
- 7 years of experience in strategic planning, corporate development, project management, or management consulting entations
- Master's degree in business or health care-related field
- 10 years of health care payer industry experience
- Significant project management experience
- Experience in working with and presenting findings to management senior management
- Ability to assimilate a wide variety of information of strategic importance then use the information to build a coherent message and strategic options for presentation to Highmark executive management.
- Proven track record of successful problem solving
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with Highmark Executives and must do so in an effective, efficient and confident manner.
- Solid research, analytical, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Broad range of general business knowledge and experience
- Ability to work independently and develop analytical assessments of strategic issues of importance to the company and its future direction
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees?
Is Travel Required?
Yes : 0 - 5%
Position Type: WFA - Work From Anywhere
Occasional Office - Onsite Meetings
Referral Level: 2
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org