Company :Highmark Caring Place
Job Description :
This job supports grieving children and their families by providing peer support group programs, ongoing staff support, educational resources, and referral services. Provides education and volunteer opportunities to individuals, businesses and organizations in the communities served by the Caring Place facilities. Provides education and consultation services to schools, community leaders, professionals, organizations, and businesses who serve or work with children. Builds lasting partnerships increasing the opportunity for collaboration on initiatives that impact the community. Raises awareness of the impact of death on children and their need for support.
- Plan and implement facility based peer support sessions for grieving children and their families and school based support groups for grieving students.
- Plan and implement specialized programs designed to raise awareness and provide additional support to participants of the Caring Place peer support programs as well as to their extended families members..
- Plan and implement or support a comprehensive volunteer program including recruitment, training, recognition, and retention components.
- Plan and implement or support an ongoing outreach and education strategy to generate family participants, volunteers and school partnerships, and community partnerships.
- Conduct thorough assessments to determine family’s level of appropriateness for the Caring Place program and/or need for other community services.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Child Development, or other related field
- 3 years working with children in a mental health setting
- Work with therapy/support groups
- Work with grieving children and/or families
- Public speaking and/or Training
- Knowledge of local mental health and social service agencies
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches/trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Does Not Apply
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org