Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
*$5,000 sign on bonus for eligible candidates*
Operates radiologic and fluoroscopic equipment for diagnostic purposes. Assesses and screens patients utilizing supporting governing bodies' regulations. Prioritizes, coordinates and performs radiologic studies and other patient care services in accordance with established protocols. Complies with applicable safety policies, procedures, and regulatory agencies' guidance. Ensures safety of patients, visitors, and associates; applies ALARA concepts to all radiation-based tasks. Performs diagnostic imaging according to radiologist/medical director approved protocols and completes other duties as assigned. Serves as a physician liaison and department expert. Interacts with patients in a compassionate manner and demonstrates professionalism in all interactions. Works collaboratively with medical staff and other associates to ensure timely and thorough medical imaging.
- Performs radiographic imaging accurately and completely by following departmental policies and protocols. Explains exam procedure to patient in a professional and concise manner. Performs portable studies when needed.
- Complies with Universal Protocol and obtains appropriate and pertinent history information. Utilizes appropriate safety standards and performs quality control procedures when needed.
- Assists radiologist and/or other providers in procedures and as necessary. Navigates the image storage system to send, review, manipulate, and print images, and resolve exceptions when needed. Corrects, updates, and completes all exam documentation in the radiology information system to assure timely, accurate bill submission. Reconciles charges with completed exams per department policy.
- Maintains adequate supplies for exam area and notifies supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Completes daily calibrations and warm-up procedures in order to ensure optimal image and quality and to ensure that the CT scanner is operating in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's specifications. Utilizes appropriate safety standards and performs quality control procedures when needed.
- Delivers positive patient experience. Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients, AHN leadership and staff, physician offices and designated external agencies or vendors. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promotes working relationships.
- Has a daily focus on attaining productivity standards, recommending new approaches for enhancing performance and productivity when appropriate.
- Adheres to AHN organizational policies and procedures for relevant location and job scope. Completes and/or attends mandatory training and education sessions within approved organizational guidelines and timeframes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Graduate of AMA approved radiologic training program or radiology degree.
- Radiography certification.
- May be registry eligible, requiring registry within one year of graduating AMA approved radiologist training program.
- 1 year experience
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org