Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
As a member of the Transitional Care team, the Transitional Care Coordinator (TCC) will function as the key patient advocate as it relates to coordination of post-acute care needs across all service lines--home health, home medical equipment, home infusion, hospice and palliative care, and other health system resources. As a hospital based resource, the TCC collaborates with all hospital departments to coordinate the most efficient transition of care for the patient.
- Care coordination and discharge planning -- responsible for identifying all post-acute care needs for patients and collaborating with the patient's caregiver team and Case Management staff, as well as internal (Healthcare@Home) and external service providers/agencies; lead/attend daily huddles or rounds at hospital as assigned; ensure patient's prescribed plan of care is executed at time of discharge to transition care to either in-network AHN (Healthcare@Home) service providers or external partner agencies. (40%)
- Assess patients' post-acute care needs in collaboration with interdisciplinary care team, patient, and family or caregiver. (10%)
- Bedside education -- provide bedside visits with patients, families, and caregivers to discuss transition of care plans and services; expectation is minimum of two visits--(1) for general introduction, and (2) for confirmation of post-acute care services and specialty education as needed. (20%)
- Referral completion -- collaborate with PTC team to ensure all required documentation for an accurate and complete referral is collected and provided to ensure seamless transition of care to post-acute service provider(s); responsible for documenting post-acute care arrangements, education, or other transitions in the appropriate software platform to promote a smooth transition of care. (5%)
- Case management - In conjunction with Case Management staff, serve as liaison and patient advocate on difficult cases (e.g., clinical complexity, socioeconomic issues, patient safety concerns, etc.); proactively collaborate with AHN and non-AHN post-acute service providers to ensure best possible outcome for patient and other stakeholders. (5%)
- Infusion hookups and education. (5%)
- Within hospital campuses, serve as liaison and customer support representative to ancillary departments, clinics, offices, etc., whose patients may benefit from coordinated post-acute care; advocate for all AHN Healthcare@Home programs and services. (5%)
- Responsible for discipline-specific professional development, licensure, and certification. (5%)
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned (e.g. participation in interdisciplinary process improvement efforts, development of documentation templates and hand-off workflows to assure safe and effective care transitions). (5%)
- Valid PA Registered Nurse license
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years experience as marketing or liaison for home health, hospice, HME, or infusion
- Valid PA driver’s license
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org