Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job is a senior level actuarial analyst position that initiates and leads the development of actuarial studies and analyses, making appropriate recommendations to actuarial management. Gives direction to less experienced staff and works to develop efficient processes and applies actuarial techniques and statistical analysis to several functions, including insurance premium and pricing development, claim trend analysis, experience studies, medical economics, profitability analysis, wellness studies, predictive modeling, or claim reserving.
- Outline data requirements for a study or analysis. Give direction to less experienced staff and review the appropriateness of the results in light of experience and industry knowledge.
- Initiate and lead the development of studies, analyses, and presentation materials needed to appropriately inform decision makers. Make appropriate recommendations to management across teams within the actuarial department.
- Proactively ensure the internal and external consistency of all work. Perform reasonability checks dependent on advanced industry knowledge and experience. Promptly and efficiently identify outliers and anomalies in the work of others. Identify methods to test whether suspect results are correct.
- Understand the environment, goals, and objectives of the incumbent's own position, their team, and all internal customers. Take the initiative to propose changes to projects, systems, processes, or decisions so that the results of all the teams' efforts conform better to corporate goals, objectives, and values.
- Manage own time and resources across many projects, focusing on quality, time, scope, usefulness, and appropriateness of work. Carry out recurring projects with minimal assistance and oversight. Keep manager informed.
- Interact with customers in a manner that fosters cooperation, teamwork, and influence while conveying engagement and competence. Enhance department influence while conveying engagement and competence. Effectively explain technical work to both technical and non-technical people.
- Guide and mentor less experienced staff on a regular basis in a manner that fosters teamwork and excellence. Listen, take direction, accept criticism and feedback to improve performance. Proactively take on additional work as needed by the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or closely related field
- 3 - 7 years in an Actuarial role
- 5 Exam Components
- 6+ Exam Components
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA)
- Possesses and applies an in-depth knowledge of actuarial principles, concepts, practices and processes within multiple fields or disciplines
- Possesses significant expertise to complete complex assignments and ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems while leading others to complete straightforward assignments
- Analytical Skills
- Oral & Written Communication Skills
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Does Not Apply
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org