Company :HM Insurance Group
Job Description :
This job develops, implements, coordinates, and manages all departmental operations in accordance with all applicable regulations; monitors the quality, accuracy, effectiveness and efficient delivery of all production, analysis, administration of services and reporting; ensures the integrity and consistent application of Underwriting policies and guidelines; applies judgment to develop appropriate adaptation of guidelines as deemed necessary to accommodate client specific situations; provides consultation in addressing complex client specific issues; sets results oriented performance standards and utilizes staff to their fullest potential; and provides training with the purpose of developing skills, knowledge and performance.
- Behave in a manner that exhibits the company’s core values. Support, interpret, and promote adherence to departmental and company goals, strategies, policies, procedures and norms. Manage and develop employees by setting clear, concise performance expectations, monitoring progress, providing constructive feedback and creating an environment that encourages ongoing growth. Complete performance planning and evaluations in a timely manner. Manage own activities and others to accomplish assigned goals and objectives within agreed upon time constraints. Develop sound strategies that create a line of sight from individual to department to company goals and objectives.
- Reviews renewal and prospect quotes to provide guidance as to whether results are reasonable and appropriate.Recommend modifications to situations that will result in adverse selection and subsequent financial loss.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the contents and intent of corporate risk management policies. Identify critical information needs in risk management negotiations and modify arrangements based on the information available. Discuss alternative risk management and pricing methods in use by others in the industry and provide advantages and disadvantages to each method.
- Oversee production to ensure timely and accurate completion of renewals and prospect quotes.
- Develop relationships with decision makers based on trust and credibility to enhance influence on risk management and pricing decisions. Provide solid and persuasive arguments to move Sales and external audiences toward appropriate risk solutions. Enhance department influence by negotiating workable solutions, meeting deadlines and providing responsive service.
- Lead departmental efforts in areas such as, but not limited to, pricing policy, departmental policies and procedures, product development, interdepartmental processes or corporate projects. Oversee departmental tools and processes such as, but not limited to, training, testing, reporting and process improvement. Support all audit and market conduct reviews in order to maintain compliant rates, controls and processes.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other quantitative analysis discipline
- 6 years of related experience
- 8 years in an Underwriting or Actuarial role
- 12 years in Underwriting
- Expert understanding of the contents and intent of corporate risk management policies
- Skilled and knowledgeable interaction with various internal departments and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and assume responsibility for staff and complex projects
- Ethical business practices with adherence to all privacy and confidentiality policies and regulations
- Proven leadership skills – ability to motivate others to quickly achieve results in a matrixed environment
- Knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term strategies
- Ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively presents complex topics in a concise manner to audiences at various levels and in various sizes
- Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
- Successful experience in achieving results through people in a complex environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to project leadership and management skills
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org