Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides overall administrative leadership, management, program development and evaluation of the stroke program. Leads a team of managers, medical staff, clinical and non-clinical professionals in the development, implementation and on – going monitoring of evidence based practices to ensure the hospital is compliant with all applicable external accrediting and regulatory stroke requirements.
- Leads a multi-disciplinary stroke team comprised of physicians, nurses, ems providers, pharmacists, technologists and other clinical and non-clinical individuals. This involves day-to-day management of the team in order to achieve patient goals, meet or exceed requirements for Advanced Primary Stroke Center certification as defined by the Joint Commission and other key regulatory agencies. Serves as a consultant for nurse managers, medical staff, and administration on patient care or nursing issues to ensure patient needs are met. Coaches clinicians on identified opportunities from monitoring results. (30%)
- Leads and guides the integration of stroke care across Allegheny Health Network. Accomplishes integration through collaboration with Regional Neuroscience department leads, Quality and Patient Safety, Accreditation and Quality Department, and Regional Hospital Administration. As Subject Matter Expert provides advice on all aspects of stroke guidelines and methodology related to Joint Commission. May oversee a variety projects, and operating initiatives, including facilitation of multiple stakeholders, setting and driving goals and time-lines, developing implementation plans and ensuring project execution. Leads the development and maintenance of an ongoing process and quality improvement programs. Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provisions of department services. Leads and completes , data collection, regulatory reporting. Based on data analysis, develops appropriate processes for meeting regulatory targets, monitors compliance and initiates corrective action as needed. (30%)
- Performs and directs the performance of systems analysis in order to create improved operational efficiencies. In partnership with Physician lead develop the strategic plans and associated business plans. Supports program development, internal and external outreach activities and performance improvement initiatives. Establishes operational as well as outcome monitoring systems related to clinical improvement initiatives which includes the analysis and review of clinical data and internal/external benchmarks to identify opportunities for clinical quality improvement. Collects, analyzes, and reports stroke data making recommendations to improve patient outcomes or program development. Maintains current knowledge of Joint Commission disease specific certification and other regulatory agency standards. (20%)
- Establishes, promotes and maintains a climate for excellence in nursing practice and ongoing professional development of practitioners. Administers and directs updates to processes, protocols, education and technology for Stroke Systems of Care. Is the System Resource in bi-annual accreditation preparation, presentations and response processes. Conducts surveys, for all locations, studies and special projects to assist in long-term planning and changes to System Stroke policies, procedures and systems that reduce clinical risk and professional liability losses. Effectively organizes and distributes evidence based stroke education materials to ensure clinicians are current with best practices in the care of patients with stroke. Pursues sharing of best practices through presentation at educational sessions and networking with other AHN leaders throughout the system. Actively leads and participates in Outreach activities including health fairs, lectures, support groups and other venues to support the mission, goals and objectives of the Stroke program. Maintains and demonstrates professional knowledge and skills related to specific area of responsibility. professional commitment through attendance at continuing education programs, independent reading and other professional activities. (20%)
- Master's Degree in Healthcare
3 - 5 years of related experience
1 - 3 years using critical thinking, data analysis and abstraction for improving patient outcomes
Registered Nurse (RN)
- 1 - 3 years with development of Business Plans and management of budgets.
- 1 - 3 years experience in neuroscience service line and familiarity with joint commission processes.
- National SCRN (Stroke Certified Registered Nurse) Certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org