Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsibilities include accountability for safe and efficient operation of all duties performed related to the position. Safe operation and daily maintenance of equipment assigned including but not limited to: forklifts, order pickers, reach trucks or other material handling equipment. Duties may include receiving, putaway, picking, replenishment, loading and staging to achieve established goals. May perform order filler and checker duties. Maintain inventory control and proper stock rotation. May assist in physical inventories or cycle counting. Completes all records and reports as required through the use of WMS technology or other as designated. Complies with all government regulations for safety and maintains all certifications for MHE as required.
- Ensures that all shipping and receiving documents and related functions are completed accurately and on time.
- Prepares bills of lading or receipts for shipments and route.
- Distributes documentation to proper departments.
- Assists in loading/unloading trucks and operates material handling equipment as needed.
- Checks that orders are complete and that proper labels and tickets are applied. Verifies and records receipts and documentation as required.
- Assists in fulfillment of orders and delivering them to the designated staging area meeting company standards for safety, security and productivity.
- As directed, locates or relocates items for availability or for safety reasons.
- Ensures all filled orders are complete and correct.
- Tags or marks orders as required. Packs, wraps and weighs orders and records information as required.
- Maintains safe and clean work area including removal and disposal of waste materials in appropriate manner.
- Ensures the organizing, scheduling, and completion of daily work assignments, staging space, and dock facilities to maximize efficient material flow.
- Maintain company procedures and standards for Ecological policies regarding recycling, energy conservation and other green initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School / GED
- 2 - 4 year college education
- 2 years in a high-volume warehousing environment and with specific knowledge regarding the principles of inventory control via warehouse management systems (WMS), the functionality of specialized warehouse equipment, and familiarity with standard shipping documentation.
- Knowledge base of distribution and transactional operations with a healthcare background beneficial.
- Knowledge of current trends in warehouse management, technology and logistics, as well as all applicable operating regulations.
- Material Handling Equipment Certification to operate equipment.
- Must have an understanding and/or be willing to learn the principles of process improvement methods.
- Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
EEO is The Law
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org