Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This role plans, directs, organizes and controls human resources materials and budget. It assures timely and accurate reports and records for patient care and healthcare operations in compliance with bylaws, policies, JC, DOH, and CMS regulations. It also oversees the release of the information process. Please note: This role requires the person to work from Jefferson and Canonsburg Hospitals likely on a weekly basis.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the activities, employees and budget. (25%)
- Assures that the suspension process adheres to the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and assures the accuracy of the ChartFact database. (20%)
- Assures that dictated reports are transcribed in a timely, accurate manner and are readily accessible for patient care and healthcare operations. (20%)
- Assures that medical records are current, complete, readily accessible, accurate and timely. (10%)
- Assures that release of information is timely and accordance to regulations, policies and procedures and assures compliance with vital Statistics regulations. (20%)
- Designs, implements and maintains quality control measures, PI indicators and productivity monitors. Assures confidentiality of all protected health information. (5%)
- Associates Degree or 3 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Associate's degree
- 5 years in a medical record setting
- 3 years in a management role
- Expertise in HIPPA rules and federal laws and regulations regarding release of information.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic medical records, deficiency management, birth and death certificate software
- Knowledge of TJC, DOH, CMS and other regulatory standards
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in an academic medical center.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice