Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job creates data-driven insights, analytics and reporting solutions aligned to the Quadruple Aim of Healthcare: lower per capita health care costs, improved outcomes from and quality of care received, and optimal member/patient and provider experiences with care delivery. The incumbent serves as a consultative subject matter and technical expert for internal and external customers, leveraging advanced analytical expertise and experience to aggregate, analyze and understand patterns in varied and complex data; and articulates analytic findings, business implications, and recommendations to realize identified opportunities.
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determine how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translate requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Use broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Take the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Take the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Create and/or develop new methods of analysis, database design, and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Perform modeling of data sources and flows, work with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop, and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provide assistance and, depending on skill and experience, lead with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items, and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develop and maintain moderate-to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and other database technology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering or Operations Research, or related field
- Advanced degree in Medicine, Public Health, Nursing, Economics, Health Sciences, Informatics, Biostatistics, Statistics, Epidemiology, Mathematics, or Pharmacy. Experience and demonstrated expertise in data extraction and analytic programming languages (SAS, SQL, R) and data visualization tools is required.
- 5 years of relevant, progressive experience as a Decision Support Analyst or equivalent training and experience in a business or clinical environment with direct responsibility for applying technology
- Strong technical skills in the mainframe, PC and Internet-based technologies to be effective and must be comfortable and proficient using large and complex databases
- Strong skills using various third-party office and report generation products such as Microsoft Office, Business Objects, Cognos, and Enterprise Guide.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to senior management
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and traini
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org