Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the multiple monitoring and communications functions for the Highmark Health Security Operations Center. Monitors CCTV and Card Access Systems and Alarms, receives telephone and radio calls and dispatches staff to routine and emergency situations utilizing the centralized dispatch system. Performs electronic queries for vehicle registration, warrant information and sex offender registration status as requested.
- Monitor and review of the CCTV system. Dispatch required resources as necessary upon discovering issues via CCTV monitoring. Review video as requested.
- Record all calls for service within the electronic dispatch system. Records should include the categorized type of request, demographic information on the requestor, location of the call, officer assigned to the call, officer's dispatch time, on scene time and completion time as well as any other pertinent information included within the narrative and associated with each call.
- Dispatch all calls for service via radio. Maintain two-way radio communications and respond to officer's needs as requested.
- Receive calls for service and dispatch appropriate personnel to respond. Calls or alarms may originate by telephone call, radio or automated systems. Observe activity on the CCTV monitors and intervene when necessary.
- Monitor and respond to various forms of inbound communications and alarm systems. This includes, but is not limited to the radio frequency, telephones, access control system alarms and other outside sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate's Degree in Criminology
- 1 - 3 years in Communications or Security
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- APCO Certified Public Safety Telecommunicator
- Microsoft Office
- Communication Skills
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org