Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job will create and set standards, guidelines and governance for a specific area of the design practice. They will partner with Design Executives, Design Directors, Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Writers and the Business at the enterprise level to design strategies, solutions, frameworks and business cases for how Highmark Health will unlock opportunities for their members, clinicians, employers and producers. Additionally, the Design
We are looking for a highly ambitious, energetic, and experienced principal-level Conversation Designer who will enable a best-in-class healthcare experiences for millions of members.
Although similar to Design Director role, the Conversation Design Principal does not directly manage people but set the standards, guidelines and governance for our Content and Conversation Design. As Principal, you will partner with Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, Writers and Business stakeholders at the enterprise level and leverage your knowledge of human language and communication to create seamless and natural interactions for digital systems across all channels.
While building our Conversation Design practice you will also be mentoring cross-disciplinary teams on how to humanize our digital experiences. Additionally, and since the Design Principal is a new role at Highmark Health, you will take a leadership role in helping to build and scale the culture, team, and processes.
This will be a remote-friendly role, with the freedom to set your own work-from-home schedule. When safe and within reason, there will be times where the team will meet onsite in Pittsburgh, PA.
Principal will take a leadership role in helping to build and scale the culture, team, tools, and processes for the Design Community at Highmark Health.
- Lead the design practice for a specific area of Design.
- Represent Design, advocate for the user and evangelize user experience throughout the organization while building meaningful relationships.
- Promote a positive culture within our product teams as well as our Design division, and overcome challenges through endurance and persistence.
- Partner with leaders in Product and Engineering to create an implementation strategy for building and bringing our designs to life.
- Ensure consistency in approach, design, and output between this specific area and all other areas of the digital experiences.
- Provide critique and mentorship to designers across the organization.
- Mentor and collaborate with cross-functional partners across the enterprise on the continuous improvement of design processes, procedures, standards, frameworks and compliance.
- Innovate frequently to keep Design at the forefront of digital design, synthesizing the latest thinking.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Design, Design Strategy, Design Research, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, conversation Design
- 8 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Master's degree
- 7 years as a lead Designer or higher
- Expert knowledge of the design lifecycle, HCD methodologies and the design disciplines.
- Experience working in complex, highly matrixed and regulated environments.
- Experience partnering with Product and Engineering to achieve impactful outcomes in an agile product development environment.
- 5+ years of experience with conversational interaction design and its related technologies (Dialog generation, flow diagrams, speech synthesis, intent and holistic tuning, intent development, and/or content design).
- Experience working with constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Responsive Web, and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Experience in building user-centric conversation experiences (Chat, voice, or SMS).
- Experience Leading the analysis of content domains to enable designers to define search and verbal query patterns, determine interaction flows, and define chat responses.
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- A versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and problem solving skills.
- Has published multiple white papers, active in the Design community and speaks at Design events.
- Proficiency with leading design software such as Figma or Sketch and experience with prototyping tools
- Deep understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse teams.
- Curiosity about the way people think and human behavior.
- Expert knowledge of the design lifecycle and HCD methodologies.
- Expert communications to all levels, from junior design teams to executive leadership team. Including presenting work & negotiating timelines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and expert level ability to actively establish trust, credibility and influence to build consensus.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org