Company :Highmark Wholecare
Job Description :
This job designs, develops, implements, supports, and optimizes architecture strategy to meet business capabilities and needs within area of expertise (application, solution, information, technology, business). Ensures completeness of architecture by adequately addressing all the pertinent concerns of its stakeholders. Ensures integrity of architecture by connecting various views of stakeholders, reconciling conflicting concerns, and showing the trade-offs made in so doing. Considers practicality and fitness for purpose in determining architecture to develop. Leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems within area of expertise. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. May take on role of Project Leader for special assignments.
- Provide strategic consultation to business customers in defining or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer capability requirements.
- Facilitate development of enterprise business solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, general technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
- Participate in enterprise strategy development, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
- Specify and design large or complex systems, solutions, networks, infrastructure elements, or processes.
- Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools and ensures that they are applied effectively.
- Review others’ system design to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Establish policy for selection of architecture components.
- Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options.
- Ensure that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements.
- Use appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of architectures.
- Produce detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products.
- Provide advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes.
- Ensure that relevant technical and business strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Select and uses tools and methods to establish, clarify, and communicate the functional and non-functional requirements of system users, their characteristics, and tasks.
- Identify the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which complex products or systems will operate.
- Identify, propose, initiate, and lead significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits.
- Modify existing process improvement approaches and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement.
- Ensure the resolution of a variety of architecture and business problems and serves as a technical or business lead for highly complex project initiatives.
- Communicate effectively will all levels of organization.
- Manage expectations of customers, partners and management.
- Participate in customer walkthroughs and plans; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making.
- Interact with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific technical aspects in area of expertise and provides expert advice regarding their application. The area of specific expertise may be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, process, product, or application area.
- Provide leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training.
- Prepare presentations on complex issues on the area of expertise
- Present to their peers to ensure consistency to the Organization's strategic direction.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Master's Degree
- 5 year of architecture experience
- Industry certifications
- Health insurance industry business knowledge
- Software Development Lifecycle
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Preferred (Certifications in applicable areas such as:)
- Enterprise Architect(SCEA)
- Project Management
- Experience in the following project management tools: Waterfall & Agile
- Current skill set are reviewed every other year, new skills may be required to meet changing business needs
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org