Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Directs the operational and administrative aspects of the prehospital, trauma, and emergency services unis with respect to the AHN focus 5: Quality and Safety, Customer Service, Growth and Access, Financial Stability, People. This position is accountable to the CNO for leading and executing strategies around nursing. Additionally, this position will actively collaborate with our offices and physicians across the continuum.
- Provides direction for prehospital, trauma, and emergency services as a role model and department leader. Responsible for strategic planning, goal development and implementation, and continuous quality improvement
- Creates an environment that embraces cultural diversity and recognition that we are stronger as an interdisciplinary team when we embrace our differences.
- Promotes an environment of transparency with the use of visual management boards on nursing units.
- Promotes staff participation in the annual NDNQI nurse satisfaction survey. Additionally, coaches managers on identified opportunities from nurse satisfaction survey results.
- Actively participates in review and identification of opportunities of nurse quality indicators as measured by NDNQI at individual department level partnering with nurse managers.
- Benchmarks AHN-SVH performance against national best practices.
- Pursues sharing of best practices through publication, presentation at conferences and networking with other AHN leaders throughout the system.
- Performs large scale project management independently.
- Implements and monitors initiatives to recognize, reward and incentivize staff.
- Actively participates in the development and communication of nursing's shared vision.
- Seeks out learning opportunities to enhance professional growth and development. Creates and updates personal professional development plan annually. Minimally meets state requirements for continuing education.
- Identifies opportunities for journal publications for self and staff.
- Participates in a research project.
- Lead and support evidence based projects & nursing research by assisting in the identification of opportunities to incorporate the scientific method into nursing practice.
- Financial stewardship: monitors, controls, and is accountable for maintaining departmental costs within budgeted allocations.
- Builds trusting and collaborates relationships with other hospital departments, patient care units, ambulance services, medical staff, patient and families, law enforcement officers, clergy, morticians, media and other health facilities.
- Utilizes a transformational leadership style to facilitate effective change management principles to drive needed improvements.
- Reviews patient satisfaction data and findings from Press Ganey and assists in coaching managers formulate improvement plan.
- Analyzes clinical service areas for operational effectiveness, using dashboards and other data sources.
- Oversees and ensures that standards of care are maintained relative to quality management, utilization review, and discharge planning.
- Accountable to ensure ongoing development and operation of Shared Governance model in all departments.
- Serves as a consultant for nurse managers and medical staff on patient care or nursing issues assisting with interpretation of Health Center policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Through research and planning ensures patient care is delivered in accordance with the professional standards for nursing practice and is evidenced based.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or in Master's degree program with completion plan
- National Certification required within 1 year of taking position
- CPR Certification
- PA State Registered Nurse License
- Certified Healthcare Executive (CHE)
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
- Experience in Emergency Services
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org