Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
According to established standards and Perioperative policies and procedures, functions as a key team player of business operations services. Monitors compliance and financial adherence in multi-departmental service line. Works closely with other members of the management team to establish, develop, and evaluate the operational activities of Perioperative departments. Provides business leadership, direction and oversight of PeriOp departments, services and programs, ensuring establishment and attainment of operational goals consistent with the organizational strategic plan and in accordance with budgetary, quality and service excellence goals.
- Plans and develops comprehensive, long-range and short-term strategic plans for clinical and administrative functions of the nine perioperative departments. Creates business/fiscal plans, feasibility studies, and complete analysis in conjunction with strategic plans that drive decisions on new programs. Provides oversight and/or participates in billing, contracting, human resources, financial clearance and patient management. (15%)
- Manages the work of the Clinical Informatics Nursing, daily EPIC billing, reconciliation, and follow-through of unbilled patients. Coordinates all IT assessments, deployments, and service related needs for perioperative departments. System Administrator for ORIT EMR legacy computer system (replaced by EPIC OpTime). (15%)
- Participates in the strategic planning process by establishing strategic direction and prioritization of initiatives for all perioperative departments, services, and programs. Leading role on the Surgical Services Executive Committee (SSEC) and the SSEC Robotic Subcommittee, which serve as the Perioperative Governance Council. (10%)
- Manages daily patient scheduling of surgical procedures and coordination of required resources for effective and efficient use of the all operating rooms and procedure rooms. (10%)
- Continuously assesses the operational processes for opportunities to become more cost effective and efficient while maintaining and/or improving clinical care. (10%)
- First call for technical issues occurring in the operating rooms during surgical procedures related to the integration of computerized software and clinical equipment essential to the patient’s record. (10%)
- Responsible for initial troubleshooting of video integration of laparoscopic and arthroscopic surgical procedures working closely with clinical engineering team for problem resolution. (5%)
- Develops monthly revenue and volume reports as well as analytical report support for each of the perioperative departments. (5%)
- Tracks monthly charges, authorizes bill payments, and reviews specific departmental supply usage to recommend adjustments in par levels as necessary. (5%)
- Develops annual budget for each of the nine perioperative departments considering relevant input from the service line director and clinical managers. (5%)
- Practices cost containment activities and cost analysis reporting that affect the capital and operating budgets of perioperative departments while providing periodic supply support to the service line clinical managers. (5%)
- Prepares and manages fiscal year budget plans, ensuring that the budget planning process correctly identifies operations of each of the separate perioperative departments and that department management operates within their approved fiscal year budget. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Healthcare Administration
- 3-5 years experience with operating room functionality, surgical equipment/supplies, materials management and buying, medical records, and contract negotiation as well as Outpatient Revenue Cycle operations (charges, coding and billing functions)
- 1-3 years leadership experience
- Master’s degree in Business
- CPR Certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org