Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
You will manage a team of Security Engineers building and optimizing the portfolio of technology that powers the Information Security and Risk Management department for Highmark. You will work with peers within security, HM Health Solutions customers and application teams to ensure alignment with current and future security needs. You will manage activities both junior and senior experienced Information Security engineers and analysts, but more importantly coach your team developing talent and yourself in the finer points of Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration and Business Outcomes. You will lead a service dedicated to the oversight of security technology products for network, systems, and data. Controls expenses within the operating unit and is responsible for meeting budget goals. Actively contributes to the Information Security and Risk Management (ISRM) strategic planning process by working with the Directors to develop and implement department strategic plans and action steps that support the corporate strategic objectives. Actively involved in the coordination, implementation, problem solving, communication, and training of new technologies and processes, as they are developed and moved into the environment. Develops and presents Information Security awareness and training programs while honing skills as a personnel leader and a technology solution advocate.
- Perform management responsibilities including, but not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions; coaching and development; rewards and recognition; performance management and staff productivity.
- Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provide oversight of all aspects of project management to ensure continuous improvement of processes: negotiate and collaborate with leadership and staff to develop security solutions and options; develop and adhere to internal standards and strategies; ensure adherence to approved methodologies; coordinate resources, time, contingency plans and risk management.
- Provide leadership to the department: lead and champion organizational change; encourage participation in activities that support relationship development; champion information security innovation; encourage and enforce proper training in regards to security issues.
- Ensure compliance to Corporate and Information Security policies, standards and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization: facilitate meetings; plan, design and provide presentations; represent HM Health Solutions with outside entities; prepare divisional procedures, policies, reports and correspondence; spread awareness of new and existing security threats; provide oversight regarding metrics, funding, budgets and resources.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
- 6 years of relevant experience substitution for a Bachelor's Degree
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field
- 7 - 10 years in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- 7 - 10 years in developing, communicating and presenting Information Security and Risk Management concepts to varying audiences
- 1 - 3 years in mentoring others in a leadership role
- 1 - 3 years in Staff Management
- 1 - 3 years in developing and executing strategic plans to realize business objectives
- 10 - 15 years in Information Security and/or Information Risk Management and/or Information Technology
- Experience managing an information security function using the HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF), or the NIST 800-83 cyber security framework
- Experience supporting SSAE 16 or SOC 2 Security Trust Principle audits
- Experience establishing budgets and meeting fiduciary goals
- Security industry organization participation/leadership (HITRUST, ISACA, InfraGard, ISC2, ISSA, etc.)
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) OR
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) OR
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC) OR
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), and FIPS-140
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Experience in leading process improvement initiatives
- Ability to motivate high performance, multi-discipline teams
- Demonstrated competency in project execution
- Demonstrated abilities in relationship management
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org