Job Description :
This job coordinates and provides decision making responsibilities for cloud-based technology platform development as it relates to performance from a financial, compliance, and DevSecOps perspective resulting in platform value realization. The manager oversees an Agile team and is responsible for implementing product management and development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Ensures product activities are in alignment with product vision and corporate strategy. The manager coordinates, collaborates and oversee initiatives involving internal and external constituents (e.g. vendors, IDN, providers, diversified services) as necessary to ensure successful delivery of new products and programs from ideation through launch. Drives business case development of initiatives to exceed market expectations. Collaborates on metrics and then reviews product/program performance results and identifies potential new market delivery opportunities. Communicates and represents Product Strategy across the organization. Directly responsible for oversight of assigned staff and coordination of their responsibilities, activities, and coordination across the enterprise; responsible for providing direction to matrix staff across the enterprise for the purpose of product/program/initiative implementation.
- Identify, develop, and manage the implementation of innovative product/program offerings and variations that align with the Enterprise corporate strategic and business goals to meet customer needs, grow and maintain market share while ensuring product effectiveness, efficiency and maintaining product integrity. Initiate and develop new product strategy plans for concept definition, planning, product strategy, product marketing and product development. Present recommendations/requirements based upon market need/research that support overall corporate goals.
- Review and approve all materials (product description documents, benefit booklets, contracts, subscription agreements, sales support materials, communications/publications, web materials, etc.) to ensure that these documents support existing product specifications and reflect the current product offering, administration and/or the modifications resulting from new initiatives.
- Represent the department on various enterprise wide work groups and project teams as subject matter experts pertaining to group and individual products/benefits and capabilities. Serve as subject matter experts on all corporate mandate projects.
- Manage all phases of the preparation and management of work/action plans by the department’s professional team to provide effective oversight to the total product development lifecycle from product concept, product development, product implementation and product maintenance.
- Ensures that products and programs are monitored and maintained in accordance with product contracts, product policies, rules and regulations. Respond to inquiries and benefit exception requests from the respective markets.
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation across multiple departments and functional areas as required to ensure that the product development lifecycle activity is completed according to the work plan.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Healthcare administration or a related field
- 5 years of practical experience in healthcare, insurance and/or product management and development required
- Prior experience should include responsibility for the management of product related and/or corporate wide activities. This includes supervising professional staff and working with multi-disciplinary teams in order to achieve a deliverable product and/or outcome.
- Thorough knowledge of Enterprise products as well as thorough knowledge and understanding of health care, insurance, general health care financing, strategic planning and product marketing. This includes both group and individual products.
- The incumbent should have practical experience in applying marketing and product principles such as pricing, demographic and target marketing and competitor analysis.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports: 2-5
Is Travel Required? Yes
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org